dismiss

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

My Utmost for His Highest (1927)

by Oswald Chambers

Where can listeners turn to deepen their love and understanding of God? In the best selling devotional My Utmost for His Highest, author Oswald Chambers offers inspiring thoughts that have encouraged millions of listeners and readers and for many years. Find thought-provoking meditations to cultivate a closer walk with God. Listeners can gain a fresh perspective on how to grow in faith as they discover more about God and their relationship to Him.… (more)

This is my copy. I would not be without one. This is my second or third time through.
Wonderful, always fresh. My favorite devotional. ( )
  thesilverofhisfining | Feb 17, 2020 |
Logos Library
  birdsnare | May 16, 2019 |
This book is part of my collection that really focuses in on Biblical Commentary more than anything else (including some well known authors in the theological world). All of these books haven't been read cover to cover, but I've spent a lot of time with them and they've been helpful in guiding me through difficult passages (or if I desire to dig deeper). ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Jul 31, 2018 |
I used to really think this was a great book. There are some entries that I still think are great, however, I'm finding myself increasingly frustrated with Chambers being somewhat heavy-handed with works-based doctrine. Unnervingly, he seems heavily rooted in Christian-perfectionism at times, and I find that downright depressing. Worse, Chambers overuses ellipses in his daily scripture quotations to the point at which he frequently has more to say about a verse than what quoted sentence fragment actually supports - context is important, and it is lost in this form of exegesis. ( )
  Adam_Z | Mar 19, 2018 |
One of my few favorite books - timeless, touching, totally true - little snippets of devotion which pull a heart into heavy worship. ( )
  rcalbright | Sep 8, 2017 |
"This book is dedicated to the reader, especially my parents, Gil and Violet, my wife, Pam, my children, Jeremy, Aaron, and Bethany, and each generation of readers they represent. May you know God better and draw closer to Him as a result of applying the truths of God's Word expressed in this book."
"... my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death" (Philippians 1:20).
The original 1927/1935 publication is different from the "Updated Edition in Today's Language." Please don't combine the two.

Leather bound special edition devotional

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,488,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible