Flash And Bones by Kathy Reichs

Flash And Bones (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Kathy Reichs

Member:Boo2012
Title:Flash And Bones
Authors:Kathy Reichs
Info:Random House (2011), Hardcover
Rating:***
Tags:crime

Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs (2011)

English (43)  German (1)  Italian (1)  English (45)
Book # 14, in the Temperance Brennan series

The plot in short and sweet words: Brennan is called to examine a body found in a barrel of asphalt beside the racetrack in Charlotte, North Carolina.

A Reichs novel has always been a quick and light read filled at great length with explanations. In “Flash and Bones” the history of NASCAR is her topic with the impact it has on the American culture. There is some suspense of course when Tempe’s investigation leads into dangerous territory while probing for evidence and with her presence the heat is turned up. In this installment her on-again, off-again romance with a Canadian detective and her tribulations with her former husband still complicate her personal life. As always the protagonist shares center stage with science, Ms. Reichs loves to include her speciality in her novel and does it without including gory details for grisly sensationalism. The plot is an intriguing puzzle that never go unsolved, Tempe risk her career, the wrath of the FBI to get answers.

A 4 years hiatus from this series was a good move in my part. Series tend to get stale after a while as they follow the same old beat….one loses interest….Glad I stepped away to be able to enjoy “Flash and Bones” at its fullest. ( )
  Tigerpaw70 | Oct 2, 2016 |
A standard mystery story, but with more colorful characters than most mystery novels.

The strong use of the first person point of view, taking full advantage of am excellent lead character, raises Reichs above most other writers. ( )
  yeremenko | Aug 12, 2016 |
I love the TV series `Bones' which is based on her books, yet hardly anything like the characters in the books. This is a series for everyone to read and enjoy. I missed Ryan a bit in this book, he was there but not for much time. In Spider Bones he played a much larger part. If you like police procedural and mysteries you will love this author. Great writing, good flow and a mystery to keep you guessing. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Another example of what Kathy Reichs does best -- a mystery wrapped in forensic anthropology, narrated in annoyingly incomplete sentences, but nonetheless thoroughly engrossing. This was set against a NASCAR backdrop, which is really not my thing, and I didn't find the Big Reveal quite satisfying, but at the same time I could hardly put it down. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
Before I started reading this book I thought that the TV show 'Bones' that was based on these books, I didn't realize they were just the inspiration. So I spent the first chapters trying to figure out who was who - other than Dr. Temperance Brennan none of the characters were the same. Once I figured that out and just read the book as a book, it started to become pretty interesting. Even though the only thing Brennan shares with her TV self is their name, I kept picturing Emily Deshenel in each situation in the book. Besides my issues separating the TV show from the book, I thought this book was pretty good. I would definitely look into reading the rest of the Bones books. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |

Kathy Reichsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lee, WillCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosenblat, BarbaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stockbyte/ThinkstockCover imagesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For
Declan Rex Reichs
Born July 1, 2010
Looking back, I think of it as Race Week in the Rain.

A latest entry in the series by the producer of the "Bones" television show finds forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance Brennan investigating a possible FBI cover-up with ties to the disappearance of a NASCAR crew member's sister, a right-wing extremistgroup, and a secret substance.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,687,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible