Flash And Bones by Kathy Reichs

Flash And Bones (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Kathy Reichs

Title:Flash And Bones
Authors:Kathy Reichs
Info:Random House (2011), Hardcover

Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs (2011)

English (39)  German (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (41)
Before I started reading this book I thought that the TV show 'Bones' that was based on these books, I didn't realize they were just the inspiration. So I spent the first chapters trying to figure out who was who - other than Dr. Temperance Brennan none of the characters were the same. Once I figured that out and just read the book as a book, it started to become pretty interesting. Even though the only thing Brennan shares with her TV self is their name, I kept picturing Emily Deshenel in each situation in the book. Besides my issues separating the TV show from the book, I thought this book was pretty good. I would definitely look into reading the rest of the Bones books. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
Just as 200,000 fans are pouring into town for Race Week, a bodies found in a barrel of asphalt next to the Charlotte Motor Speedway. The next day, a NASCAR crew member comes to Temperance Brennan's office at the Mecklenburg County Medical Examiner to share a devastating story. Twelve years earlier, Wayne Gamble's sister Cindi, then a high school senior and aspiring racer, disappeared along with her boyfriend, Cale Lovette. Love kept company with a group of right-wing extremists known as the Patriot Posse. Could the body be Cindi's? Or Cale's? At the time of their disappearance, the FBI joined the investigation, only to terminate it weeks later. Was there a cover-up? As Tempe juggles multiple theories, the discovery of a strange, deadly substance in the barrel alongside the body throws everything into question. Then an employee of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention goes missing during Race Week. Tempe can't overlook the coincidence. ( )
  jepeters333 | Dec 28, 2014 |
Not one of my favorites of Reichs' novels; however, it was better than I anticipated. Set in the world of NASCAR, I anticipated hating it as I'm not a fan. However, the mystery itself did pique my interest and found myself liking the story in spite of myself. Temperance Brennan has always been a good read and this story was no exception. ( )
  kp9949 | Nov 21, 2014 |
A Temperance Brennan mystery about NASCAR racing. Decent fun, low calorie read. ( )
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |
  PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |

Kathy Reichsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lee, WillCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosenblat, BarbaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stockbyte/ThinkstockCover imagesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Declan Rex Reichs
Born July 1, 2010
Looking back, I think of it as Race Week in the Rain.

A latest entry in the series by the producer of the "Bones" television show finds forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance Brennan investigating a possible FBI cover-up with ties to the disappearance of a NASCAR crew member's sister, a right-wing extremistgroup, and a secret substance.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,849,527 books! | Top bar: Always visible