Twosomes: Love Poems from the Animal Kingdom…

Twosomes: Love Poems from the Animal Kingdom

by Marilyn Singer, Lee Wildish

VERY bried poems, very tiny book, nice! ( )
  melodyreads | Apr 20, 2012 |
Great book as an intro to poetry. Poems are simple and short, but illustrate love throughout.
  colorred | Dec 4, 2011 |
This book is about the love animals share for one another! Nobody knows if they celebrate valentines day, but through these poems young readers can imagine how animals would show their love and affection for one another. I loved the rhymes an humor within the poems. It's very short, but so cute! My favortite was sharks: Mentally, we're an ideal match! Dentally, you're my perfect catch! ( )
  ahernandez91 | Sep 27, 2011 |
I think what is so special about these poems is that it shows little children that everybody needs someone in their life to show them love, whether it be a mother, father, sibling, or friend. These poems were entertaining by using cute animals but also leaves the child with a sense of love.
  Kendall_Snyder | Sep 7, 2011 |
A younger audience would love this book. It discusses animals and some information about them and it is in poem form. Every individual poem is short and it rhymes which is perfect for younger students. My favorite is the earthworms because they "dig eachother!" Cute. ( )
  smorales | Sep 6, 2011 |

Marilyn Singerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wildish, Leemain authorall editionsconfirmed

Do animals celebrate Valentine's Day? Nobody knows for sure. But this funny (and punny) little book imagines how some of them declare their love, affection, or friendship any day of the year."Nice to Meetcha! You smell delish!/Wanna share my water dish?" So asks one tail-thumping dog to another. Whereas a courting dolphin sings, "Come, leap with me and be my wife./You're the porpoise of my life." Ranging from dogs and cats and other pets to some you wouldn't want to pet, such as sharks and porcupines, acclaimed poet Marilyn Singer's captivating couplets and Lee Wildish's expressively humorous illustrations provide a Valentine's Day gift for kids who wouldn't be caught dead being lovey-dovey.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:50 -0400)

Do animals celebrate Valentine's Day? Nobody knows for sure. But this book imagines how some of them declare their love, affection, or friendship any day of the year."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,884,932 books! | Top bar: Always visible