The Goddess Test (Harlequin Teen) by Aimee…

The Goddess Test (Harlequin Teen) (edition 2011)

by Aimee Carter

72616112,927 (3.77)1 / 21
Member:Kwidhalm
Title:The Goddess Test (Harlequin Teen)
Authors:Aimee Carter
Info:Harlequin (2011), Edition: Original, Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:75 Book Challenge of 2012, Your library
Tags:Kindle

The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (megtall)
    megtall: Mythology in contemporary YA lit.

I LOVED IT . I CANT WAIT TO READ THE NEXT ONE JUST AWESOME ( )
  silverdshay123 | Jun 23, 2015 |
No-recomendado por Violante y Majo

Me propongo leer de principio a fin libros considerados "malos". Mi intención es encontrar al menos UNA cualidad buena en ellos y reseñarlos objetivamente siguiendo 20 puntos a desarrollar brevemente. (Los puntos varían según el género del que se trate.)

Si tienen ganas de No-recomendarme otros libros
pueden comentar acá o ACÁ. ¡Cualquier género es bienvenido! Cuanto más variado, mejor :)

LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
3.5 stars

The story was captivating and I couldn't help but want to keep reading this. However it also threw in a lot of loops that make NO SENSE. And the worst part is I can't talk about it since it doesn't come out until the end!

kate's story is easy to follow and be a part of yet her lack on questioning anything annoys me. She is both strong in herself yet so very weak. She refuses to acknowledge life after her mothers impeding death and seems to have no desire to live her own life yet gets upset when others don't live theirs. Argh! Overall I did like her character though.

I mostly liked Henry but there is so much about him that is not shared. We have no real idea what kind of guy he is besides the wounded soul, protecting Kate. Ava annoyed me and Kate's friendship toward her makes no sense. Nor does how close James is to her after knowing him for only a few days.

**Review thoughts still in progress and will be ironed out when I have sorted through my thoughts on this book** ( )
  jljaina | May 16, 2015 |
Twilight but with the Greek gods. It was alright. ( )
  kelsey.hintzman | Feb 10, 2015 |
Reading this book made me want to tear my hair out. It was so boring, full of cliches and bad characterisations. Really, it does bewilder me how it got high ratings. I don't remember much from reading it, as none of it struck me as interesting. ( )
  Tarklovishki | Oct 31, 2014 |
In Carter's first YA novel, the Greek pantheon isn't just down to Earth, it's occupying Eden, Mich., and attending high school. Kate Winters doesn't notice anything special about classmates Ava, James, and Dylan, but pale-eyed Henry gets her attention when he appears to resurrect Ava from the dead after a malicious prank goes horribly wrong. Kate can't quite believe that Henry is the god of the underworld, as he claims, but she also can't dismiss him. Kate's mother is dying of cancer, and Kate is willing to grasp at anything that might win her one more loving maternal conversation. The bargain she strikes with Henry is a grim one, but the full enormity of what she has undertaken—"live forever or die trying"—is not revealed until it's too late to recant. Carter wears her influences openly, with many passages reading like outtakes from Robin McKinley's Beauty by way of Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Nevertheless, the narrative is well executed, and Kate is a heroine better equipped than most to confront and cope with the inexplicable.
added by HarlequinBooks | editPublishers Weekly (Mar 7, 2011)

For Dad, who has read every word. You were right And in memory of my mother.
"How did it happen this time?"

EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT’S KATE’S TURN.

It’s always been just Kate and her mom—and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate’s going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won’t live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld—and if she accepts his bargain, he’ll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he’s crazy—until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she’ll become Henry’s future bride, and a goddess.

IF SHE FAILS...

Eden, Michigan, high school student Kate Winters strikes a bargain with Henry, Greek god of the underworld, if he'll cure her dying mother of cancer. The bargain she strikes with him is a grim one, but the full enormity of what she has undertaken--"live forever or die trying"--is not revealed until it's too late to recant.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Goddess Test by was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,902,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible