Legacy (Event Group Thrillers) by David L.…

Legacy (Event Group Thrillers) (edition 2012)

by David L. Golemon

Title:Legacy (Event Group Thrillers)
Authors:David L. Golemon
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2012), Edition: 1, Mass Market Paperback, 624 pages

Legacy by David L. Golemon

Excellent continuation of book #1. Loved the space opera aspect. Much more interesting and readable than the last book. ( )
  libgirl69 | Aug 6, 2015 |
This is a good story. Starting in the last days of World War II and ending on the Moon and South America in the present.Golemon weaves a tale that involves Nazi's, religious fanatics, and space aliens. In a credible adventure ( )
  Cataloger623 | Nov 8, 2014 |
A ludicrous premise (700 million year window) that required a sustained suspension of belief. I read the entire book but...I just can't buy an underground martian base surviving the break up of the ancient super continent and the ensuing tectonic and volcanic upheavals, not to mention the incredible length of time involved and just plain erosion. It's an interesting idea but deifies credibility. A few aeons; even 4 or 5 millennium might be believable but not this preposterous period of time. This might work for Stan Lee but it's too childish for literature.

I've never been a fan of the "Dirk Pitt" type of protagonist. Too cartoon-like for me. I like my heroes to be flawed like everyone else; battling through adversity both personal and in the story line.People with such amazing attributes do not exist in real life; at least in my 60 years of experience.We all like our heroes but the current 24/7/365 media microscope has managed to defame or destroy most everyone with any potential aspirations to hero worship in the public eye.

The star (Colonel Jack Collins etc.)members of the Event Group are close to falling into this category. Sorry Mr Golemon. Not this time. ( )
  tcards | Jul 23, 2014 |
A discovery by remote controlled robots on the Moon starts the race into space all over again. With much more at stake than just the lunar discovery, the Event group is called into action to begin the process of saving the world. Col. Collins and his team are up against an unknown adversary that is trying to destroy every country's attempt at reaching the moon. They are also trying to get into the mine in Ecuador that Senator Lee first encountered back in WWII while battling against the German Nazi. It is a race to secure alien technology in order to defend us against a future threat. ( )
  SuseGordon | Oct 6, 2011 |

When a billion-year-old skeleton is found on the moon and triggers violent fundamentalism uprisings, Jack Collins and the Event Group are tasked to discern the skeleton's identity and discover clues about an ancient alien war that has not yet ended.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,954,084 books! | Top bar: Always visible