Blood Red Road (Dustlands, Book 1) by Moira…

Blood Red Road (Dustlands, Book 1) (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Moira Young

Member:veg-chick
Title:Blood Red Road (Dustlands, Book 1)
Authors:Moira Young
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 480 pages
Tags:science fiction, dystopia, environment, families, survival, suspense, love, twins, adventure

Blood Red Road by Moira Young (2011)

English (143)  Indonesian (1)  All languages (144)
A Fabulous Debut...Bravo *clap clap*

Blood Red Road was an amazing book and it's going on my favorites list. The characters, the language & writing style and the world building were just incredible and they all came together perfectly to create this brilliant and very atmospheric story. It was really, very nicely done. Definitely top-tier in the dystopian genre and I think it deserved every reward it received. Can't wait to see how the rest of the series stacks up. ( )
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
My main problem with this book was the language. I get that after some sort of apocalypse (maybe?) we're going to lose language, some words, maybe revert to slang - especially since there don't seem to be any schools - and that's fine. I understand and I accept. But someone please, oh please, explain how they've lost word like "afraid" - which arguably could be used on a daily basis, especially by a family with children who live near scary woods - and "car," yet they've still got words like "hangover" - which they (again, arguably) wouldn't be using very often since they're a bunch of kids living with their father. SERIOUSLY.

I couldn't get past reading "afeared" over and over. Afraid is one word I think we'd all hold onto going into a dystopian future.

You're afeared? Shut up. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Thank god I've already got the sequel in my hands. But I need to sleep! Review forthcoming. ( )
  knotbox | Jun 9, 2016 |
Soo effing good! Oh my goodness I couldn't put it down! I can't wait for October when the second book comes out!! I'll be first in line to get it : ) ( )
  danaaa_99 | Apr 6, 2016 |
11 ( )
  EDHSLC | Feb 4, 2016 |

Moira Youngprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lind, HeatherRead bysecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Saba has spent her whole life in Silverlake, a dried-up wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms. The Wrecker civilization has long been destroyed, leaving only landfills for Saba and her family to scavenge from. That's fine by her, as long as her beloved twin brother Lugh is around. But when a monster sandstorm arrives, along with four cloaked horsemen, Saba's world is shattered. Lugh is captured, and Saba embarks on an epic quest to get him back.
Suddenly thrown into the lawless, ugly reality of the world outside of desolate Silverlake, Saba is lost without Lugh to guide her. So perhaps the most surprising thing of all is what Saba learns about herself: she's a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. And she has the power to take down a corrupt society from the inside. Teamed up with a handsome daredevil named Jack and a gang of girl revolutionaries called the Free Hawks, Saba stages a showdown that will change the course of her own civilization.

In a distant future, eighteen-year-old Lugh is kidnapped, and while his twin sister Saba and nine-year-old Emmi are trailing him across bleak Sandsea they are captured, too, and taken to brutal Hopetown, where Saba is forced to be a cage fighter until new friends help plan an escape.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,470,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible