Blood Red Road (Dustlands, Book 1) by Moira…

Blood Red Road (Dustlands, Book 1) (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Moira Young

1,1961416,704 (3.96)145
Member:veg-chick
Title:Blood Red Road (Dustlands, Book 1)
Authors:Moira Young
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 480 pages
Tags:science fiction, dystopia, environment, families, survival, suspense, love, twins, adventure

Blood Red Road by Moira Young (2011)

English (140)  Indonesian (1)  All languages (141)
Soo effing good! Oh my goodness I couldn't put it down! I can't wait for October when the second book comes out!! I'll be first in line to get it : ) ( )
  danaaa_99 | Apr 6, 2016 |
11 ( )
  EDHSLC | Feb 4, 2016 |
This one kept me turning pages. One of my favorites this year. ( )
  ddbrown201 | Jan 23, 2016 |
Story was good. Had to get used to reading with no quotation marks, purposely misspelled words. ( )
  keindi | Jan 23, 2016 |
Blood Red Road by Moira Young is the first in her Dustlands trilogy. A dystopian book that sees the earth a barren, arid wasteland. Saba and her twin brother, Lugh have recently turned 18 when four horsemen show up and take Lugh. Saba and the younger sister Emmi set out to follow and rescue Lugh.

I was in the mood for a fast moving adventure story and Blood Red Road certainly fit the bill. The action was intense and kept the pages turning. Saba is a strong character, fiercely loyal, strong and stubborn. She powers through obstacles and evolves into seasoned survivor. Along the way she gathers some friends that help her on her quest.

Blood Red Road is the first book of a trilogy and I look forward to continuing on with these characters. The main plot was pretty much wrapped up in this book, and I appreciated that I wasn’t left hanging. Of course, there are a few sub-plots that I suspect will be developed in the next book. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Dec 8, 2015 |

Moira Youngprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lind, HeatherRead bysecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Saba has spent her whole life in Silverlake, a dried-up wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms. The Wrecker civilization has long been destroyed, leaving only landfills for Saba and her family to scavenge from. That's fine by her, as long as her beloved twin brother Lugh is around. But when a monster sandstorm arrives, along with four cloaked horsemen, Saba's world is shattered. Lugh is captured, and Saba embarks on an epic quest to get him back.
Suddenly thrown into the lawless, ugly reality of the world outside of desolate Silverlake, Saba is lost without Lugh to guide her. So perhaps the most surprising thing of all is what Saba learns about herself: she's a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. And she has the power to take down a corrupt society from the inside. Teamed up with a handsome daredevil named Jack and a gang of girl revolutionaries called the Free Hawks, Saba stages a showdown that will change the course of her own civilization.

In a distant future, eighteen-year-old Lugh is kidnapped, and while his twin sister Saba and nine-year-old Emmi are trailing him across bleak Sandsea they are captured, too, and taken to brutal Hopetown, where Saba is forced to be a cage fighter until new friends help plan an escape.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,572 books! | Top bar: Always visible