William and Kate: A Royal Love Story by…

William and Kate: A Royal Love Story

by Christopher Andersen

I usually don't read biography's because I normally find them boring, but this one I liked a lot, mainly because I think it was a love story and a love story that many of us are familiar with, which is the love story between Prince William & Kate Middelton. I learned a lot about the royal family as well as the Middleton family. It was an enjoyable read. ( )
  christine.meram | Dec 28, 2012 |
While I’ve never been one to obsess over the royal family, I have always had a passing interest in them. I was in London when Diana died and I remember looking out of the hotel and seeing all the newsstand signs with the headline and not believing it. And when Prince William started dating a *gasp* commoner, it really caught my attention because it seemed to be signaling a change in palace politics. As a result, I was pretty excited when William and Kate came out, since we don’t get as much coverage of the family here in Canada as they do in Europe. I didn’t end up starting it until recently, though, when the couple came to tour Canada a month ago.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed with William and Kate (the book, not the people). This is the first time I’ve read something by Christopher Andersen and I really couldn’t get into his writing style. The book has a very melodramatic tone as he “recounts” some of the interactions among William, Kate, and their friends and family. While I choose to believe that he did a proper job of researching their lives, I couldn’t really immerse myself in the biography the way I normally due, and I can only attribute it to the writing style since I was genuinely interested in learning more about Wills and Kate. There was just something about the way he re-enacted private moments that seemed a bit fake, or perhaps overly voyeuristic. I’m not really sure how to describe it but I had a bit of a negative reaction.

I actually have another book about the couple in my TBR pile so I’ll let you know how it compares to this one. I would only recommend this biography to people who are familiar with, and like, Christopher Andersen’s writing style. I did, however, enjoy looking at all the pictures.

http://ireadgood.wordpress.com ( )
  jthorburn | Aug 8, 2011 |
I'll admit it; I am a fan of British Royalty. I grew up with a crush on Prince Charles and got up before dawn to watch his wedding. I did the same when William got married. It was interesting to read some of the details of the relationship between William and Kate. I will admit to being a little disturbed about the heavy drinking lifestyle that seems to surround William and Harry though. This was a page-turner for me. Very readable and filled with interesting detail. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jun 16, 2011 |

The contrast between calm, strategic Kate and her now-fiancé’s late, loose-cannon mother Diana is a central theme of the new biography. We sense that William turns with relief to this placid daughter of a successful mail-order party-supply-business couple....
In all, William and Kate is great fun, with lots of gossipy details

Royal love story detailed in well-written account.

I put it to William, particularly, that if you find someone you love in life, you must hang onto the love and look after it...... You must protect it... Diana
For my mother, Jeanette Anderson
She steps into the sultry August night air, clutching her Longchamp bag to her side with one hand, while trying to shield her eyes with the other.

From amazon ca Product Description
I put it to William, particularly, that if you find someone you love in life, you must hang on to that love and look after it. . . . You must protect it. —Diana, Princess of Wales
Theirs was destined from the start to be one of the most celebrated unions of the twenty-first century: he, the charismatic prince who would someday be crowned king of England; she, the stunningly beautiful commoner who won his heart. Prince William and Kate Middleton defied all odds to forge a storybook romance amid the scandals, power struggles, tragedies, and general dysfunction that are the hallmarks of Britain’s Royal Family. In the process, they became the most written about, gossiped about, admired, and envied young couple of their generation.

Yet for most of their nearly decade-long affair, William and Kate have remained famously quiet and kept their royal relationship a tantalizing mystery. Now, as their long-anticipated wedding finally approaches, journalist and #1 New York Times bestselling author Christopher Andersen reveals the intimate details of their celebrated courtship and offers a mesmerizing glimpse of the man and wife—and future king and queen—they will become:

· William’s lifelong role as confidant and adviser to his fragile mother, and how it has shaped his relationship with Kate

· The lengths the couple went to to keep their affair secret, from their first days together as university students (when he cheered her on as she modeled racy lingerie at a fashion show)

· William’s romantic conquests before—and during—his decade-long romance with Kate

· The person who was really behind their headlinemaking breakup—and how Kate won back her prince

· The shocking sex-and-drugs scandals involving Kate’s wild relatives, and how the would-be queen survived them

· The long-troubling influence of William’s substance-abusing aristocrat friends and the depression Kate rescued him from

· Stunning new information on the threats to both their lives, the nightmare scenario that haunts William’s dreams to this day, and their narrow escape from repeating Diana’s fate

· Surprising details on the Queen’s historic plans for William and Kate, which will forever change the face of the monarchy

For many, William and Kate’s union represents an opportunity to recapture the magic—the compelling and complicated legacy—of his beloved mother Diana, Princess of Wales. Part glittering fairy tale, part searing family drama, part political potboiler, part heart-stopping cliff-hanger, theirs is, above all else, an affair to remember.

Prince William and Kate Middleton defied all odds to forge a storybook romance amide the scandals, power struggles, tragedies, and general dysfunction that are the hallmarks of Britain's Royal Family.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,790,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible