Destined by P. C. Cast

I liked it much better than the other ones. They got sort of juvenile after the first couple. ( )
  strongasanoak | Sep 8, 2014 |
  strongasanoak | Sep 8, 2014 |
It had been so long since I read the series I didn't remember if I had read this one yet. but I realized I had but i'm glad I reread because I had forgotten some things. ( )
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |
The ending of this book is what saved it. I think that I've reached the point in this series that I just want it to be over now. I'm sick of the 'bull poopie'. I was never a kid who swore, but I think if I had read these books, I would have been just so that I never sounded like Zoey. I was frustrated that Cast doesn't seem to be able to write anything about relationships unless there is some kind of love triangle going on. I also am fed up with the poor characterization. Her characters go from bad to good to bad faster than I don't know what. We have Aphrodite who was the villain of the first book is now one of the gang. Stark flip flops from dog lover to rapist to guardian and then abusive(ish) boyfriend to perfect. Kalona was a warrior, then a rapist, then the villain, now trying to be good guy daddy of the year? Nope. It would be OK if the characters of these people were not being slung all over the place. How about the twins? They seem like completely different people in this book. And Damien has morphed from someone with his own personality into Jack 2.0 or something. We had a super feminine gay and he died. You can't just morph the other gay into a super feminine gay now too. Finally I've had it up to here with the spoilers. I get that everyone knows about Lord of the Rings, it's one of those things. But as someone who has not finished True Blood, I'm sick of these books ruining things. I know it's just small stuff, but come one? Why would you ruin stuff? Write your own story! Enough with the pop culture references. You don't need to shove your opinions down the reader's throat. OK you like Sookie Stackhouse better than which ever vampire series you talked about in the last book. You do NOT need to call the author stupid. I'm quite fed up with these books. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed

The House of Night series is an international phenomenon, reaching #1 in the US, Germany and the UK, and remaining a fixture on the New York Times bestseller list for a whopping 120 weeks and counting. With nearly 12 million copies in print, rights sold in 35 countries to date, and relatable, addictive characters, this series is an unstoppable tour de force.

In Destined, the forces of Light and Dark collide as their epic struggle focuses on Tulsa's House of Night. Zoey is home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side - and preparing to face off against Neferet. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, he and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together - if Rephaim can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow.

But is Zoey really safe? Does she truly know those who are closest to her? And will love win when it is tested by the very soul of Darkness? Find out what's destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.

"Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet - which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together - if he can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow... But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans, including Lenobia's handsome horse whisperer, threatens their precarious stability. And then there's the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more - or possibly less - than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon. But Zoey can sense the part of his soul that remains human, the compassion that wars with his Dark calling. And there's something strangely familiar about him... Will Neferet's true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox's humanity in time to protect him - and everyone - from his own fate? Find out what's destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series"--… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,711,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible