Destined by P. C. Cast

It had been so long since I read the series I didn't remember if I had read this one yet. but I realized I had but i'm glad I reread because I had forgotten some things. ( )
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |
The ending of this book is what saved it. I think that I've reached the point in this series that I just want it to be over now. I'm sick of the 'bull poopie'. I was never a kid who swore, but I think if I had read these books, I would have been just so that I never sounded like Zoey. I was frustrated that Cast doesn't seem to be able to write anything about relationships unless there is some kind of love triangle going on. I also am fed up with the poor characterization. Her characters go from bad to good to bad faster than I don't know what. We have Aphrodite who was the villain of the first book is now one of the gang. Stark flip flops from dog lover to rapist to guardian and then abusive(ish) boyfriend to perfect. Kalona was a warrior, then a rapist, then the villain, now trying to be good guy daddy of the year? Nope. It would be OK if the characters of these people were not being slung all over the place. How about the twins? They seem like completely different people in this book. And Damien has morphed from someone with his own personality into Jack 2.0 or something. We had a super feminine gay and he died. You can't just morph the other gay into a super feminine gay now too. Finally I've had it up to here with the spoilers. I get that everyone knows about Lord of the Rings, it's one of those things. But as someone who has not finished True Blood, I'm sick of these books ruining things. I know it's just small stuff, but come one? Why would you ruin stuff? Write your own story! Enough with the pop culture references. You don't need to shove your opinions down the reader's throat. OK you like Sookie Stackhouse better than which ever vampire series you talked about in the last book. You do NOT need to call the author stupid. I'm quite fed up with these books. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |
Destined is book nine in the House of Night novel series, published in 2011, and the only one I have read since book three. With that being said, it doesn’t matter where in the series you start as each book is a perfect standalone, but complement one another quite well.

Ex- High Priestess, Zoey, is back home with her guardian and boyfriend, Stark, which gives them both this ultimate connection between them. She learns her mother is dead, first sentence, and instead of being devastated by the news, she quietly sheds a few tears, summons the spirit to still Stark, then has sex with him.
Read the FULL review at http://www.musingwithcrayolakym.com/3/post/2013/11/destined.html ( )
  crayolakym | Nov 28, 2013 |
I was pleasantly surprised in the improvement of characters in this book, as my expectations of this series have dimmed over the course of the series. This book was better. Both Dragon and Lenobia's character are shown more insight as their back stories are revealed, which I'm sure is further explored in the books, Dragon's Oath and Lenobia's Vow. Also, one of the "twins" shows some backbone and stands alone in her beliefs - about time, I might add. Those two drove me nuts every time their dialogue appeared on the page.
Rephaim also continues to battle with his origins and his new lease on life, thanks to Nyx's forgiveness. Though Rephaim himself does little to progress the plot, his presence serves as a major catalyst for both sides and drives Kalona to make some interesting choices.
There is also the addition of a new fledgling to the mix, whose addition answers one question about the red fledglings, but brings up many new questions as she has a new gift of True Sight. From the descriptions, she can see auras, though the word is never used for whatever reason, which I also found annoying. One other addition is another adult to the Tulsa House of Night, a major supporter of Zoey and company, who brings a good dose of sanity and maturity that it so desperately needs. I have renewed hopes in the continuation of this series. ( )
  JacobsBeloved | Nov 25, 2013 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed

The House of Night series is an international phenomenon, reaching #1 in the US, Germany and the UK, and remaining a fixture on the New York Times bestseller list for a whopping 120 weeks and counting. With nearly 12 million copies in print, rights sold in 35 countries to date, and relatable, addictive characters, this series is an unstoppable tour de force.

In Destined, the forces of Light and Dark collide as their epic struggle focuses on Tulsa's House of Night. Zoey is home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side - and preparing to face off against Neferet. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, he and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together - if Rephaim can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow.

But is Zoey really safe? Does she truly know those who are closest to her? And will love win when it is tested by the very soul of Darkness? Find out what's destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.

"Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet - which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together - if he can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow... But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans, including Lenobia's handsome horse whisperer, threatens their precarious stability. And then there's the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more - or possibly less - than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon. But Zoey can sense the part of his soul that remains human, the compassion that wars with his Dark calling. And there's something strangely familiar about him... Will Neferet's true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox's humanity in time to protect him - and everyone - from his own fate? Find out what's destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series"--… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,621,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible