Destined (House of Night) by P. C. Cast

Destined (House of Night) (edition 2011)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:AllisonKraft
Title:Destined (House of Night)
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2011), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages

Destined by P. C. Cast

English (30)  German (1)  All languages (31)
Zoey's continuing battle with Neferet, I really like this series, touches topics of accepting differences and forgiveness
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
This was the hardest book of the series for me to get through. It felt slower than the others and there are too many points of view which I don't love. I think 2-3 is plenty, but there were at least 9 and that's just way too many. It slows the story down and makes it harder to follow the plot, at least for me. I don't think this series needed to be as long as it was. There are 12 books but I think there could have been half that if all the filler was cut out. I am glad that some characters showed growth in this book and the ending was very interesting. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
This book just tore at my heart strings through the whole thing!
I would read a chapter or half a chapter and then put it down to breathe and calm myself! And then pick the book back up and dive back into chaos.

Totally wonderful!
Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Mar 15, 2018 |
Destined was okay. Too many references to current pop culture (were they paid to mention True Blood/Charlaine Harris a million times?) and, in my opinion, the writing was not as strong as in previous books.

I did enjoy the Rephaim/Kalona story line, I also enjoyed getting to know Shaunee better, and Aurox was interesting. That said, the writing was all over the place and felt kind of scattered/thrown together quickly. There were too many POVs going on and the ending was a let down since it didn't feel complete.

Though the writing/story wasn't as strong as I've come to expect from the Casts, it was definitely better than many YA 'vampire' novels I've read. I enjoyed reading Destined and hope that questions will be answered in the next installment. ( )
  taranator | Jul 11, 2017 |
I'm actually not okay with the way some of this is turning out. The story is fine but Zoey is just turning lame. She was my favorite character and now i'm kinda starting to hate her. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |

Cast, P. C.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed

The House of Night series is an international phenomenon, reaching #1 in the US, Germany and the UK, and remaining a fixture on the New York Times bestseller list for a whopping 120 weeks and counting. With nearly 12 million copies in print, rights sold in 35 countries to date, and relatable, addictive characters, this series is an unstoppable tour de force.

In Destined, the forces of Light and Dark collide as their epic struggle focuses on Tulsa's House of Night. Zoey is home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side - and preparing to face off against Neferet. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, he and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together - if Rephaim can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow.

But is Zoey really safe? Does she truly know those who are closest to her? And will love win when it is tested by the very soul of Darkness? Find out what's destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.

"Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet - which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together - if he can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow... But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans, including Lenobia's handsome horse whisperer, threatens their precarious stability. And then there's the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more - or possibly less - than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon. But Zoey can sense the part of his soul that remains human, the compassion that wars with his Dark calling. And there's something strangely familiar about him... Will Neferet's true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox's humanity in time to protect him - and everyone - from his own fate? Find out what's destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,066,112 books! | Top bar: Always visible