No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones

English (69)  Piratical (1)  All (70)
The ending? Yeah...that's just mean. ( )
  dorie.craig | Jun 22, 2017 |
Fun book. Several mysteries all going on at the same time. The main character is Charley Davidson a female private investigator who also happens to be a grim reaper. One of the mysteries is looking for a missing woman. Another is finding the corporal body of Reyes, the son of Satan. Also someone it out to kill her. All of this is intertwined in this book. The missing woman was actually loosely involved in a crime 20 years ago that someone is trying to permanently cover up. Reyes is hiding to help save the world, yes the son of Satan is doing good. Charley is being hunted down by a criminal who has a vendetta against her father. Should prove to be an interesting series over all ( )
  ChrisWeir | Jun 11, 2017 |
I'm so happy I found this series! Something different at last, I've been reading to much vampire/were/fay books and was looking for somthing else. I didn't have any high exspantations since many of the books I've read the last month have been semi good, or bad! But the books about Charley, I love em! And the character as well,Ubi has my heart! lol.

GOOOOOOD WORK Darynda!! Can't wait to continue on ur series! ( )
  Wasabiishot | May 9, 2017 |
When three or more story threads are happening at once but they still form a cohesive unit that pushes the plot forward: Jenius. ( )
  Ayanami_Faerudo | Dec 10, 2016 |
Second Grave on the Left
4 Stars

The adventures of Charley Davidson, snarky P.I. and Grim Reaper extraordinaire, continue in the second installment. Much has been said in numerous reviews about the fact that Charley's sarcasm is getting old. For me, her mocking cynicism is a huge part of her endearing personality and she wouldn't be the same if it were toned down. It also balances out the darker and grittier aspects of the storyline.

There is a lot going on in this book with 4 separate mysteries: the disappearance of Mimi Jacobs, Reyes's escape and the search for his corporeal form, the changes in Charley's father and the dead guy in Cookie's trunk. Nevertheless, it all merges together seamlessly and everything is resolved in a believable way.

Charley's relationship with Reyes takes on some subtle changes. Charley has questions about her role, and his, in the universe and refuses to allow him to distract her. She also has some issues with the other men in her life who are keeping secrets and telling her half-truths. Charley also makes a life altering decision at the climax of the story, which some readers may find selfish but for me is a pivotal moment that was necessary for the continuation of the series.

All in all, things are changing in Charley's world and I look forward to seeing where the new developments take us. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |

Darynda Jonesprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the Mighty, Mighty Jones Boys, Danny, Jerrdan, and Casey.
You are the reason I breathe
Charley, hurry, wake up.

When Charley Davidson and Cookie (her best friend/receptionist) have to track down a missing woman, the case is not quite as open and shut as they anticipate. A friend of Cookie's named Mimi disappeared five days earlier. This friend then sends Cookie a cryptic message telling them to meet her at a nearby coffee shop. The coffee is brewing, but Mimi's still missing. There is, however, a clue left on the bathroom wall: a woman's name, scribbled by Mimi. Mimi's husband explains that his wife had been acting strange since she found out an old friend of hers from high school had been murdered a couple weeks prior. The same woman Mimi had named in her message.

Meanwhile, Reyes Alexander Farrow (otherwise known as the Son of Satan. Yes. Literally) has left his corporeal body and is haunting Charley. He's left his body because he's being tortured by demons who want to lure Charley closer. But Reyes can't let that happen. Because if the demons get to Charley, they'll have a portal to heaven. And if they have a portal to heaven...well, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty. Can Charley handle hot nights with Reyes and even hotter days tracking down a missing woman? Can she keep those she loves out of harm's way? And is there enough coffee and chocolate in the world to fuel her as she does?

Awakened in the middle of the night by a friend who has been texted by a missing woman, Charley Davidson discovers clues linking the disappearance to the murder of a woman two weeks earlier.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,318,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible