The Chronicles of Marr-nia (Short Stories…

The Chronicles of Marr-nia (Short Stories Starring Barbara Marr) (edition 2010)

by Karen Cantwell

Member:mistyd10
Title:The Chronicles of Marr-nia (Short Stories Starring Barbara Marr)
Authors:Karen Cantwell
Info:
Collections:2 star reads, Your library, kindle, Indie/Free, read in 2012
Rating:**
Tags:novella

The Chronicles of Marr-nia by Karen Cantwell

This is my 3rd work I have read by Karen Cantwell. And this is by far my favorite!

Several stories in this collection star Barbara Marr and they are hilarious! I found myself laughing out loud.

Karen also includes 2 other stories not with Barbara. They are Sherman's Purpose and The Recollections of Rosabelle Raines. These were both my absolute favorites. I really hope she continues more writings with Rosabelle.

Definitely worth the money. Karen will have you laughing and then crying from cover to cover. WELL DONE! ( )
  JJMM | May 16, 2012 |
From: Lilac Wolf and Stuff

Barbara Marr is fast becoming my favorite mystery solving character ever. The best part about this collection was the switch in genre that completely fit with who Barbara Marr is all around. There 2 mysteries, but there were also stories about being a wife and mother - those things that are also a huge part of her day to day life. Added to this, 2 bonus stories that had nothing to do with Barbara Marr.

The one, Sherman's Purpose haunts me still. I hate to say anything, because it will tell you all. But it's just a short story about an old man and his purpose in this last stage of his life.

The other one, The Recollections of Rosabelle Raines left me speechless. It had an bit of the paranormal mixed in but it was set in the South just after the civil war. Honestly it was amazing. It says to keep an eye out for the Novella in 2011, so after I write this I am going to go bug Ms. Cantwell about it.

It's 99 cents, 6 short stories and all of them well-written and tasty. ( )
  lilacwolf | Dec 30, 2011 |

Karen Cantwell is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,365,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible