The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley

The Rose Garden (2011)

by Susanna Kearsley

The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley (Iudita)
    Iudita: Same style-time travel element.

English (45)  Spanish (1)  All (46)
Nice time-travel romance book. Not quite as good as [b:The Winter Sea|3392089|The Winter Sea|Susanna Kearsley|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1327880898s/3392089.jpg|3723657], but enjoyable. This dragged a little in the beginning, as it seemed to take too long to set up. But once Eva went back in time it was engrossing. The narrative set in the past was more interesting than the present day storyline. But I did like how it ended. ( )
  dorie.craig | Jun 22, 2017 |
Interesting idea on time travel romance. ( )
  Baochuan | Jan 19, 2017 |
More like 3.5 stars. Easy to get swept up in. ( )
  aclaybasket13 | Jul 29, 2016 |
Hey I really enjoyed this!
I loved all of the characters and the plot although it was a bit predictable it still kept me on the edge of my seat at the end. The details about 16th century wardrobe and such was engrossing for me, especially being a fashion junkie. I almost wished for a sequel in this book, so we can learn more about their future marriage and what actually occured in their history and if it rang true.
Ok I admit I was a little confused at the end when Claire stated she also time traveled... basically- if she came from an even further future, I wanted to know which exact year that was, and how did they learn the tale of the grey lady if it never happened yet. But, I digress, I loved this story and give it 4 1/2 stars... taking away a half star because the midsection dragged a bit. ( )
  XoVictoryXo | May 31, 2016 |
At first, I wasn't sure if I was going to complete this book. Although the first 7 chapters are written very well descriptively - I'm not really one to enjoy a bunch of details. I can read a description of something, and then I've got it - so to be honest, I skimmed over a lot of the nature descriptions and only paid attention to the characters. Chapter 8 is when it changed for me. I am so engrossed in what I'm reading that I can't wait until the next time the times will change. Almost like the author knew it, I couldn't even remember what Eva had been doing in the present with one of the changes - until the author reminded me...I had forgotten just as Eva forgot. Brilliant. I don't know that I could explain much more without creating a spoiler so I will encourage those who put the book down before Chapter 8 to pick it back up and forge on. It's worth it. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |

When Eva's film star sister Katrina dies, she leaves California and returns to Trelowarth, Cornwall, where they spent their childhood summers, to scatter Katrina's ashes and thus return her to the place where she belongs.
But in doing so Eva must confront ghosts from her own past, as well as those from a time long before her own. For the house where she so often stayed as a child is home not only to her old friends the Hallets, but also to the people who had lived there in the eighteenth century. Eva finds herself able to see and talk to these people, and she falls for Daniel Butler, a man who lived and died long before she herself was born.
Eva begins to question her place in the present, and in laying her sister to rest, comes to realise that she too must decide where she really belongs, choosing between the life she knows and the past she feels so drawn towards.

When Eva Ward moves to an old house on the Cornish coast, she discovers hidden pathways, mysterious voices, and ghosts of the past.

Susanna Kearsley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,652,931 books! | Top bar: Always visible