Summer of Love by Katie Fforde

Summer of Love (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Katie Fforde

Member:AnneHudson
Title:Summer of Love
Authors:Katie Fforde
Info:Random House Export (2012), Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read, Your library (inactive)
Rating:***

Summer of Love by Katie Fforde (2011)

As I continue to review books, I find myself re-evaluating criteria, and then myself. I’ve seen reviewers give negative ratings to a book that is well-written, but for which they didn’t like the ending. Or they give negative ratings because they didn’t like a character. These reasons don’t always work for me because it may well be that the author has made the character unlikable to make the story resonate and be more believable. And, obviously, except for genre novels, endings may not always go as we’d like, but they should be in line with the characterizations and plot. So, I do try to take a step back after reading and understand why I’m not thrilled with a book that was obviously well written.

Well, that’s not just an off-the-cuff bit. But let me give you a synopsis before I give a review.

read more here: https://saschadarlington.wordpress.com/2016/07/10/review-of-summer-of-love/ ( )
  SaschaD | Jul 10, 2016 |
Another of Katie fforde's charming romances. Sian and her young son Rory have moved to a country village, where she hopes to find a better school for Rory and space for her furniture-decorating business. Older neighbor Fiona takes her under her wing and Sian is beginning to settle in when Fiona's world-explorer son arrives and the cozy village life becomes much more exciting. Quite a bit happens on the way to the happy ending. I like fforde's books because the protagonist is always doing interesting things, not just waiting around for Mr. Right. Recommended. ( )
  auntieknickers | May 13, 2013 |
Big hole in the plot let this book down - in my opinion. http://www.dnsmedia.co.uk/reviews/view/506 ( )
  AnneHudson | Nov 30, 2012 |

Sian Bishop has moved to an idyllic Oxfordshire village for a better life her herself and her young son Rory. With her roses-round-the-door cottage, the perfect school for Rory just down the road, and her very own vegetable patch she knows she's made the right decision. When Gus Berresford arrives on the scene, her good intentions are torpedoed.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,170,061 books! | Top bar: Always visible