The Girl Who Disappeared Twice by Andrea…

The Girl Who Disappeared Twice (edition 2011)

by Andrea Kane

Member:zoomball
Title:The Girl Who Disappeared Twice
Authors:Andrea Kane
Info:Mira (2011), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 400 pages
Collections:other novels
Rating:**

The Girl Who Disappeared Twice by Andrea Kane (Author)

"Fresh Meat" by Amy Dalton for Criminal Element

Does abduction run in the family? Andrea Kane crafts her new book, The Girl Who Disappeared Twice, around this premise. Hope and Felicity Ackerman were six year-old twins when Felicity was taken right out of their shared bed. 32 years later, Hope’s daughter is abducted. Hope calls in Casey Woods and Forensic Instincts, a team of ex-law enforcement, ex-military, and a tech nerd, who are independent crime consultants.

This is the start of a new series for Kane, and it could become a successful one as the cast of Forensic Instincts characters has a nice dynamic.

Read the rest at http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2011/05/fresh-meat-andrea-kanes-the-girl-wh...
  CrimeHQ | Apr 11, 2013 |
Personally, there was nothing about any of the characters that I could be interested in/drawn to. Too simple with "fantasy" skills. Not that I expect this genre of storytelling to be totally believable, but many of the actions of these characters made me groan out loud. I ended up skimming much to get to the end to see if I had correctly guessed "who done it." I had. I won't recommend this to anyone. ( )
  zoomball | Nov 11, 2012 |
Great read! Strong great characters both male and female. Great plot twists and I could not put the book down. ( )
  krystalsbooks | Jul 22, 2012 |
The Girl Who Disappeared Twice is a fairly standard private investigator suspense novel, but with an entire team of investigators ("Forensic Instincts"). These investigators are talented beyond belief, and are blessed with only strengths and no weaknesses. Even the search dog is infallible, despite not training with any of his new handlers.

The crime is the kidnapping of a young girl. The mother's twin was kidnapped in a similar crime years ago. I suspected "who dun it" well before the end, but it's a unique twist and was an interesting story line. ( )
1 vote SugarCreekRanch | Apr 7, 2012 |
Another new author and a good one at that. Really enjoyed this book and am going to look for more from Ms. Kane. The story is about a young girl kidnapped from her family and years later, the surviving sister's child is kidnapped. Some of it was pretty easy to figure out but I still enjoyed it. ( )
  bitsy08 | Aug 27, 2011 |
Led by profiler Casey Woods, the Forensic Instincts team barrels into a snarl of suspects, secrets, and conspiracies. Smooth prose and engaging characters help offset some fairly obvious plot twists, a few of which stretch credibility to the breaking point. Also somewhat unbelievable are the near-infallible skills of Forensic Instincts' members and the willingness of dozens of police officers and FBI agents to let the team skirt legal boundaries repeatedly with no more than a harsh word or two of censure.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly (May 9, 2011)

Kane, AndreaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Colby, JamesReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Freddy, the heroic FBI Tactical Canine Dog who was killed in the line of duty. Thank you for protecting our country. I hope my bloodhound, Hero, is a fitting tribute to you and all the other brave service dogs like you.
When six-year-old Felicity Akerman went to bed that night, she had no idea that life as she knew it was about to change forever.
"...Onward and upward, and may we not kill one another in the process."

When they are hired by veteran family court judge Hope Willis to find her missing daughter, Forensic Investigators--a team of renegade investigators comprised of a behavorist, a techno-wizard, an intuitive, and a former Navy SEAL--must race against time to bring Krissy back alive.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,026,531 books! | Top bar: Always visible