Sagittarius: Mr. November (Boys of the…

Sagittarius: Mr. November (Boys of the Zodiac, #9)

by Pepper Espinoza

Very nice, feel good romance novel.
Energetic and confident rookie plays on one team with his idol, a veteran quarterback (just recovering from injury and betrayal) and they fall in love.
Not outstanding or especially amazing, but well written with a solid storyline, without insta-love or too many cliches. I liked both characters and the fact how they conneted though in very different places in their life.
A good, comfy read for a rainy day, especially if one likes American Football and understands a bit about the game. ( )
  Tam2603 | Apr 18, 2013 |
The good: - There aren't nearly enough pro football books in this genre! This one really showed and talked about the game a lot, too. Made me excited for football season. Yeah, I'm a football fan, and I am guessing Pepper Espinoza is as well. - Multiracial in a very natural way. It felt like football players would relate to each other like this since they have been playing together forever. I wish they had both guys on the cover. - DeShawn is a high energy, fun guy, and smart and very good at his job too. It is fun seeing him meet and become friends with his childhood hero.

The not so good: - Patton's feelings and attitudes about being injured, past his prime and dumped by his team were probably pretty realistic, but they certainly went on and on. I was 40% into the book before there was any relief from the sulking and emoting and gloom. And he wasn't Mr. Cheerful after that. I wish we had more of DeShawn's POV and less of Patton's. - The oddest epilog I've ever read. The ending is HFN and unsettled, so I was looking forward to the epilog to find out how the gays are doing, and it was some commentary about a game. We learn that DeShawn is still playing and Patton isn't. That's it. Nothing about their relationship at all.

The story is a pretty standard sports-with-romance tale. Whether you like it will depend on whether you like the sport and whether you like the guys. The writing was fine, but I found some of the choices about what to cover in detail and what to skip over with a sentence a bit awkward. ( )
  Charming2020 | Mar 31, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,440,766 books! | Top bar: Always visible