Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews

Summer Rental

by Mary Kay Andrews

Standard summer/beach chick lit fare, but good fluff. Perfect for distraction reading :) ( )
  Jandrew74 | May 26, 2019 |
As always, I love my time with Mary Kay Andrews!! I discovered her by accident years ago when I picked up "Savannah Blues" in the bargain bin of my local B&N. I opened the book after checking my bags at the airport and didn't want to get off the plane a few hours later I was so into that fabulous book...."Summer Rental" was no different!! Summer Rental allows us to be with three best friends- Ellis, Dorrie, and Julia- as they spend a month together at a rustic beach house in Nags Head, North Carolina. In the four week period they do what gals do best---the eat, they drink, they laugh, they cry, and they solve the problems of the world!!! While each gal is trying to straighten out her life in her own way, the summer also gives them two other issues to consider - Ty Bazemore and Maryn. Ty, the "garage guy" from above and Maryn, the unexpected roommate that comes into the picture each makes a mark on the lives of the women....marks that will last a lifetime.
I love Mary Kay and would recommend her writing to anyone, but as a female, I think all of us can identify with these women in one way or another. Grab this book up...you will not be disappointed!! ( )
  Master275 | Oct 30, 2018 |
Chick lit with meat on the bones. Characters are well drawn, and the audio narrator nailed the voices and accents. I enjoyed the intrigue even tho I found the ending a bit too loosey goosey for me. ( )
  tututhefirst | Sep 3, 2018 |
A good beach read. ( )
  marciablnc | Apr 25, 2017 |
The summer beach read, chick-lit, call it what you want, but this was a fun read that didn't stress me and I enjoyed. The women were strong characters, and that appealed to me. Stomething you often give up in a summer romance read. There was enough conflict to keep the story interesting, but not so much angst you wondered if the main characters were ever going to get together, and frankly if there were any other plot points. The attraction was a good balance, not so steamy I was embarrassed, but not so chaste I felt it was written for my grandmother (heck, my grandmother reads 'bodice-rippers' when she thinks no ones looking!). All in all one of the better summer beach reads. ( )
  CMDH5 | Apr 22, 2017 |
This warm weather treat has a lot going for it, not least the sunny forecast that summer love can blossom into a four-season commitment.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly (Apr 18, 2011)

Three longtime friends escape for a month-long vacation in North Carolina's Outer Banks. The break comes at just the right time for each woman. Ellis has just been laid off, and she hasn't been with a man since her disastrous, short-lived marriage years ago. Julia's modeling career is coming to a close, but she's not sure if she's ready to settle down to marriage and children with her longtime boyfriend. Dorie's husband left her just as she found out that she's pregnant.They cheer Ellis on as she starts a fling with Ebbtide's handsome, surly owner. Walker, Aleksandr. Copyright 2010 Booklist
added by kthomp25 | editBooklist, Aleksandr Walker

Andrews, Mary Kayprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Keating, IsabelReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fischer, AndreaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Svarverud, SveinOvers.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dedicated with love to Molly Hogan Abel, who actually did hang the moon and the stars.
It was not an auspicious beginning for a vacation, let alone for a new life.

Three friends at the crossroads of life...four weeks at the beach...one extraordinary summer. For Ellis, Julia, and Dorie, a vacation in North Carolina's Outer Banks is just what they need. They rent a rambling old beach house from the mysterious Ty Bazemore, who is also at a turning point in his life, and prepare for a month of rest, relaxation, and reconnecting. Their plans for a peaceful summer are interrupted when the meet up with Maryn Shackleford, a woman on the run who desperately needs their help. Soon, Ellis, Julia, Dorie, Ty and Maryn will question everything they thought they knew about life as they each drift towards a much need sea change, and uncover the healing power of friendship and forgiveness. (ARC)

Ellis questions everything she believed after losing an all-consuming job, while Julia struggles with insecurities that threaten a loving relationship and Dorie confronts a maelstrom of problems after a shocking betrayal.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,626,338 books! | Top bar: Always visible