The Death Cure by James Dashner

The Death Cure

by James Dashner

Series: The Maze Runner (3)

English (137)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (141)
I really enjoyed this series. It is an interesting twist on the "end of the world" type books. I was trying to figure WICKED out until the end. Is the organization evil or just misguided? Judge for yourself. ( )
  Jadedog13 | Feb 3, 2016 |
Holy Crispy Fried Onions ! Phew, I finished the series. It feels like I had been holding my breath since book 1. It was amazingly torturous and heart stopping and the finale was a shot in the face to all they suffered through. Don't get me wrong it was a HEA of sorts, better than I expected less than I hoped for. What a thrill ride they all were, no a slow one in the series. This last one gives us answers, finally and they are not what I expected. Nothing was black and white it was all twisted. I did not see any of it coming.
I'm really glad I read it. I'm also really glad the torture is over. Thanks Mr. Dashner for a great series. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
If I could, I would give this book 3 1/2 stars. I still enjoyed it, but not quite as much as the first two in the series and I found it relatively slow in comparison. For me the action and suspense only built up in the last quarter of the book, and then it was nail biting and I rushed to the end. This has been an impressive series by Dashner with great characters, a unique setting and a gripping storyline. Highly recommended for all action lovers. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
The Death Cure is the third book in The Maze Runner series by James Dashner. For three weeks, Thomas is stuck in a white room in the W.I.C.K.E.D. facility. When he is finally able to get out, he finds his friends and has the choice to get his memories back, but he, Newt, and Minho decide not to and also figure out that Newt is not immune to the Flare. The three plus Brenda and Jorge travel to Denver, but Newt has to stay behind. When they get back from Denver, they find that Newt is missing and find him in a place for Cranks(people with the Flare) but Newt won't leave. In the end, Thomas, Minho, and all of the people who are immune to the Flare find their own place to rebuild the civilization that the solar flares and the Flare destroyed.

I thought The Death Cure was a good book. However, for the end of a series(with the prequel afterwards), I think that the author should not have ended with a cliff-hanger. In my opinion, the author should have to wrap up the story if they're ending the series(not including the prequel). ( )
  KyraW.B3 | Jan 22, 2016 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad. Not being alone for over three weeks. Not the white walls, ceiling and floor.

As the third Trial draws to a close, Thomas and some of his cohorts manage to escape from WICKED, their memories having been restored, only to face new dangers as WICKED claims to be trying to protect the human race from the deadly FLARE virus.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 102,992,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible