The Death Cure by James Dashner

The Death Cure

by James Dashner

Series: The Maze Runner (3)

English (127)  French (1)  Catalan (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (130)
The second cop-out of the day: see my review for The Scorch Trials. Everything previous applies and it started to get boring.

Bound and determined to finish, I started reading Kill Order (the prequel). After an hour, I just can't. I'll leave it as "to read" for now, but I can't even guess if I'll get to it. ( )
  Amy_Jesionowski | Nov 3, 2015 |
Thomas was lied to about receiving a cure and having no more tests, he was locked in a white room for weeks with nothing to do but eat sleep and excercise. Then finally a man who the group calls the Rat man enters his room and tells him to come with him. When Thomas does he and one of his friends attempt to escape and on the second try succeed. They and some others escape on a Berg and go to Denver. There they meet a secret society who is plotting against W.I.C.K.E.D, they take Thomas back to wicked and he sets a bomb in the bathroom. The rat man attempts to put him in surgery to remove his brain for the final blueprint to make a cure for the flare. He escapes and the bomb he set goes off and he is looking for the rest of the people who are immune and has to re enter the maze. He finds the people and takes them down the griever hole but the grievers start to come out of their pods. So once again Thomas must kill them and get the people to a flat trans, a teleporter that takes them to a place that is flare free, where they can start the human race over.

This book is overjoyingly spectacular! It definitely deserves five stars for the action and mystery. You never know what's around every page, like an explosion or a mystery solved. It is a great read with loads of great vocabulary and fun. You would love to read this fantastic thriller and you will have to be forced to stop. I highly recommend this book for junior high. Enjoy this book but don't worry it isn't the last! ( )
  GriffenP.b4 | Oct 27, 2015 |
I have been waiting to read The Death Cure ever since I finished The Scorch Trials, and now, I have finally read it...yay...
For some strange reason, I liked that this book had short chapters...I was also hoping for a different ending then the one I read, but...ah well, this one was good too.
This book was good, but I think I enjoyed reading The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials more than this one. ( )
  elizabeth1929 | Oct 6, 2015 |
A good end to the trilogy. Action packed and easy to get through. ( )
  BridgettKathryn | Sep 6, 2015 |
Decent ending. I still have some questions but I assume they'll be answered in the prequel....hopefully. I liked Thomas a bit better in this one; he was less of a know-it-all.
  AdorablyBookish | Aug 29, 2015 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad. Not being alone for over three weeks. Not the white walls, ceiling and floor.

As the third Trial draws to a close, Thomas and some of his cohorts manage to escape from WICKED, their memories having been restored, only to face new dangers as WICKED claims to be trying to protect the human race from the deadly FLARE virus.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,848,990 books! | Top bar: Always visible