The Death Cure by James Dashner

The Death Cure

by James Dashner

Series: The Maze Runner (3)

******SPOILER FREE******

If you read the above reviews, then you should be well aware of the fact that I loved The Maze Runner but didn't care to much for The Scorch Trials because of all the violence and language. Sadly, I had the same issue with this book, however the violence was not as surprising as in book 2, the language was considerably more.

The violence came completely from the "Cranks", which I described in my review of The Scorch Trials as people who, basically, are zombie people consumed with rabies, acting insane and inhumane. Well, in this books the "Cranks" resort to eating each other (or really, anything that moves), which is so disturbing that I can't even begin to explain my disgust. No, there are no scenes that actually show this happening *huge sigh of relief* but Dashner definitely hints enough for you to get the idea. He is also pretty detailed when it comes to describing the violence so there is lots of violence. The language consists of "h*ll" and "da*m" and are very frequent, each said at least twice in every chapter.

Aside from the above, the things that I was pleased with was, of course, the way Dashner wrote. His is probably one of my favorite writing styles, I just love it! The characters were great as well and I was glad to finish Thomas's story, though, let's just say that I would have NEVER ended it the way Dashner did, but I am not Dashner ;-)

Looking at all of the above, I can only bring myself to rate The Death Cure 2 out of 5 stars because of the overall storyline, but I am still a fan of James Dashner and intend to read The Kill Order. I am sad that I didn't like the last two books, but honestly, I do hope to read more of Dashner's books.

*I also reviewed the first two books in this series, you can read them on my blog http://acceleratethejesusmovement.wordpress.com ( )
  RayleighAnn | Dec 20, 2014 |
It got really gruesome and depressing at the end there. ( )
  nancymyers | Dec 18, 2014 |
Once again, don't feel guilty if you only read the first book in the trilogy. Books 2 and 3 add nothing of interest or note. ( )
2 vote benuathanasia | Dec 11, 2014 |
Definitely better than the second book. I thought it had a good ending. ( )
  Kathryn_Brown | Dec 1, 2014 |
(5.6)
  mshampson | Nov 30, 2014 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad. Not being alone for over three weeks. Not the white walls, ceiling and floor.

As the third Trial draws to a close, Thomas and some of his cohorts manage to escape from WICKED, their memories having been restored, only to face new dangers as WICKED claims to be trying to protect the human race from the deadly FLARE virus.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,495,679 books! | Top bar: Always visible