The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) by…

The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) (edition 2013)

by James Dashner

Member:exploreacademy
Title:The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages

The Death Cure by James Dashner

English (147)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (151)
The last installment in The Maze Runner trilogy. I just finished reading and changed my rating from 3 to 2 stars. It is a very dark book, creating a despairing atmosphere throughout, everyone feels so hopeless it's just sad. Plus, the main characters are not aware of their surroundings at all and get caught in the dumbest situations. All the while, you are asking "after all you've been through, how can you guys still fall for this?". ( )
  Ambar_Oliveras | Jul 25, 2016 |
Interesting end to this trilogy. Some of it far fetched, especially when Thomas keeps getting out of impossible situations. But it ties everything together. I would read all three books back to back as they go one into the other very smoothly like one big book. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
This series took me on quite a roller coaster ride. I can't believe it's finally over. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I don't think I'm disappointed though; any other outcome would have been upsetting. But it still leaves the question of whether or not WICKED was good up to the individual. I'm still undecided. It was a great story and I look foward to reading the prequel. ( )
  PriPri77 | Jun 23, 2016 |
2,5 stars.

This book was a really disappointing ending to a series that had started rather well. I hope that the two prequels will answer all the questions and mysteries that were never solved in this book because I was as interested in the backstory as I was in the Gladers' story. Only the latter is solved and even then their past is left out. The plot isn't bad, but it is in general very predictable and there's only one part that can be consiered a plot twist.

Also, the characters were very different compared to the first book. I can see why Thomas, Minho and Newt wouldn't trust WICKED to return their memories without changing anything, but all that knowledge would have been very useful for them. They never even try to truly find out what the others know. Considering how much time they had spent trying to undestand the maze, it seems a bit strange that they're suddenly not interested in inside knowledge.

Not all was bad though. I actually liked how the book (and the series) ended. It was really good, as it is closed and open at the same time. If you liked the other two books, I would recommend you to read this one too. Just don't expect too much until the last few chapters. ( )
  Hellen0 | Jun 22, 2016 |
This is intelligent, unpredictable and totally engrossing. A roller coaster of a book that grabs you from the first sentence and doesn't let you go till the last. I loved the characters and the dynamics between Thomas and Teresa which were left quite unresolved, but ultimately satisfying. It was great! ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad. Not being alone for over three weeks. Not the white walls, ceiling and floor.

As the third Trial draws to a close, Thomas and some of his cohorts manage to escape from WICKED, their memories having been restored, only to face new dangers as WICKED claims to be trying to protect the human race from the deadly FLARE virus.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,610,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible