The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) by…

The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) (edition 2013)

by James Dashner

Member:exploreacademy
Title:The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages

The Death Cure by James Dashner

English (156)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Catalan (1)  All (161)
Dear God, you cannot just keep declaring random characters as Thomas' best friend and expect that to substitute for actually showing the relationship develop and in action. His "best friend" has to change at least 12 times in this trilogy and at least eight of those times happened in this book alone. This especially shouldn't be done just to heighten the emotional impact when you kill them off pages later. None of the secondary characters have any sort of consistent personality, except maybe Minho, and his personality is "wiseass." Some of this is "cleverly" masked by the use of a disease that conveniently attacks the brain and changes personality at any speed that's most convenient for the plot. ( )
  mel.davidoff | Dec 1, 2016 |
Well, that was rather disappointing. The story seems to meander all over the place, as if just taking up time until it gets to the end. If there was a point I'm sure I missed it. I pretty much grew to dislike all the characters, got really tired of the slang ("slinthead" and "shuckface" etc.), and was happy just to have it end. Too bad, I enjoyed the first one and even the second, but this... was just disappointing. ( )
  J.Green | Nov 22, 2016 |
Something about this one bothered me (I think it was the setting, but I'll have to think on it for a bit.)

Didn't hate it, but didn't love it. That's why it gets a solid three stars.

Overall, good series. ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |

Didn't hate it, but didn't love it. That's why it gets a solid three stars.

Overall, good series. ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
3rd book in the Maze Runner series. Twists and turns of betrayals and backstabbing. More is revealed about the mysterious WICKED, not that it makes a heck of a lot of sense... Still, it's a pretty suspenseful book with interesting characters and I couldn't just stop reading the series without trying to find out what happens. ( )
  EmScape | Oct 10, 2016 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Deakins, MarkReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad. Not being alone for over three weeks. Not the white walls, ceiling and floor.

As the third Trial draws to a close, Thomas and some of his cohorts manage to escape from WICKED, their memories having been restored, only to face new dangers as WICKED claims to be trying to protect the human race from the deadly FLARE virus.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,737,449 books! | Top bar: Always visible