The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) by…

The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) (edition 2013)

by James Dashner

Member:ajwseven
Title:The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:**

The Death Cure by James Dashner

English (159)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Catalan (1)  All (164)
i watched the movies and i absolutely loved them, but of course i successfully spoiled myself about newt (who was my favourite) so i read this book in order to find out what happens to him. while this isn't the best-written book, it was quite enjoyable and it did make me cry, so there's that. i do think that the movies are a lot better, though. ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
Some trilogies make sense and wrap things up with the third book. This one sustains Dashner's bizarre imagination ... and the ending is as satisfying as that of "Lost" (which I've confirmed Dashner had no part of) - well, my "satisfaction" of that ending.

Not a good series. ( )
  Razinha | May 23, 2017 |
The plane landed, everyone got out and went into an auditorium. Rat Man explained that there was one more test left, you also could get your memories back. As soon as this happened only 3 Gladers didn't want their memories back. Newt, Minho, and Thomas, Rat Man read of the list of Munies (immunes) and people who are infected. Newt was not immune, which was heartbreaking to all the Gladers. Everyone was making an escape plan. Teresa and group B and a few other Gladers escaped on a Berg. Thomas, Newt, Minho, Jorge, and Brenda later escaped on another Berg. Thomas and his gang stopped in Denver, on of the non Flare infested cities. They got the tracking chips in their heads removed their, Newt had shown signs of craziness. Newt was captured and put in "Crank Palace". Thomas tried to save him but Newt wouldn't leave. Thomas found Gally who brought them to his base, which was anti-W.I.C.K.E.D. Thomas, Minho, Jorge, Brenda, and Gally were going on a mission to W.I.C.K.E.D.'s headquarters. On the way they ran into Newt, Thomas was forced to kill him. When they got to the HQ Thomas went in as a decoy, he was going to get a procedure done on him by W.I.C.K.E.D. Thomas was put to sleep, then he woke up, he was still alive, nothing happened to him. There was a note on the side of the bed saying he needed to go to the basement of the HQ. When Thomas got there, after dodging all the stray bullets and debris all the Gladers and Group B girls were there and other immunes were too. Thomas followed the instructions on the note and led everyone to a flat trans. Inside the flat trans there was a new world.

THE MAZE RUNNER SERIES IS THE BEST I'VE READ IN YEARS. I cannot stress enough about how good these books are. I am sad that this is the last, I'm excited for the prequel. I think everyone should read this book and the series, it is violent at times. If the books were a movie I'd rate it PG-13. Overall I hope James Dashner makes more books like it and more, best book series apart from Percy Jackson in my opinion. ( )
  MaxE.bg3 | May 4, 2017 |
Really disappointing ending to the trilogy. ( )
  kallai7 | Mar 23, 2017 |
Fight, run, repeat. All the way to the end.

It got repetitive and mind numbing. Ended ok, but every horrible thing that happened, felt like a waste. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Deakins, MarkReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad. Not being alone for over three weeks. Not the white walls, ceiling and floor.

As the third Trial draws to a close, Thomas and some of his cohorts manage to escape from WICKED, their memories having been restored, only to face new dangers as WICKED claims to be trying to protect the human race from the deadly FLARE virus.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,193,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible