The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) by…

The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) (edition 2013)

by James Dashner

Member:ajwseven
Title:The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:**

The Death Cure by James Dashner

English (150)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (155)
Listened to the audiobook and its really good. Not like some of the monontous audio books out there. I didnt care for the beginning of actual story at first but then it got really good and i liked the ending. I was hoping there would be more of this series but its hard to tell by the ending. It seemed pretty final... ( )
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
Unfortunately the last book of the trilogy doesn't made me to like the story. First of all it's very hard to like Thomas, the hero with all of his whinings. But my major concern is that I hoped some solid explanation why to torture teenagers for years to find the cure of a viral disease. Unfortunately I've learnt too much biology not to laugh at the 'explanation' which is a big bunch of illogical and unscientific nonsense. ( )
  TheCrow2 | Aug 19, 2016 |
Like so many other series that have strung along readers with mysteries to be discovered, this series is disappointing in the end. I think I gave up on this one when Thomas actually stops someone from explaining something because he just doesn't want to know anymore. You can't focus a series so much on discoveries of the truth only to have the main character refuse to engage! The final reveal in this book is so completely obvious that I really couldn't believe no one had done that already (several times over, in fact, given the basic timeline of the Flare). Also, while I get that this is a book that is aimed more at boys, and romance is a stereotypical girl thing, the romance is so underwritten as to be nearly non-existent, which made me wonder why it was in there at all. The relationships between Thomas and the other Gladers were so much better developed, and they really made this a two star book for me, rather than a one star. ( )
  duchessjlh | Aug 16, 2016 |
The last installment in The Maze Runner trilogy. I just finished reading and changed my rating from 3 to 2 stars. It is a very dark book, creating a despairing atmosphere throughout, everyone feels so hopeless it's just sad. Plus, the main characters are not aware of their surroundings at all and get caught in the dumbest situations. All the while, you are asking "after all you've been through, how can you guys still fall for this?". ( )
  Ambar_Oliveras | Jul 25, 2016 |
Interesting end to this trilogy. Some of it far fetched, especially when Thomas keeps getting out of impossible situations. But it ties everything together. I would read all three books back to back as they go one into the other very smoothly like one big book. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad. Not being alone for over three weeks. Not the white walls, ceiling and floor.

As the third Trial draws to a close, Thomas and some of his cohorts manage to escape from WICKED, their memories having been restored, only to face new dangers as WICKED claims to be trying to protect the human race from the deadly FLARE virus.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,455,568 books! | Top bar: Always visible