The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) by…

The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) (edition 2013)

by James Dashner

Member:ajwseven
Title:The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:**

The Death Cure by James Dashner

A slow and unevenly-paced story, the third part of the Maze Runner series does not hold up to the previous two. Although exciting and emotional at times, the gaps in between are too much.
This book would only ever be used in a classroom because it is a part of a series that young adults love. It is not controversial or informative but reading this book is better than not reading at all. ( )
  LFerda | Mar 11, 2015 |
I have to say the author truly kept me on my feet at all times. Although I have to say that I am not pleased with the fact that James Dasher had to go killing all the best character's such as Chuck. ( )
  JaFi14 | Mar 5, 2015 |
Wow.... not exactly what I would have guessed, but, actually the only outcome that works!!

Great trilogy! I'd recommend to all who enjoy YA and life-after-catastrophe stories. ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
Just when you thought things could not possibly get worse, they do. Thomas and the gang find themselves in even more unexpected predicaments and some of the twists and turns in this final volume of the series will leave you gasping for breath and hanging on the edge of your seat wondering how in the world the author came up with these things. I spent several moments wondering what kind of sick and twisted mind could come up with these ideas and concepts.

Once again, Mr. Dashner's writing style and character development are top notch, leaving you wondering what could possibly go wrong next. There were many, many head shaker moments in this novel. My main regret at the end was that I had no way of finding out what was going to come next. There is the prequel, which I am already immersed in, but it just will not be the same not knowing what will come next.

I find myself invested in the characters and as if I had endured the Maze with them, along with the many other trials and tribulations they had to face. The scariest part of this book is that I can completely and totally imagine the world ending up like that and all of the nightmares it would bring. I can picture people being under the influence of the Flare and what all that would entail. It was scary and enlightening all at the same time.

So, will civilization survive? Will this be the end as we know it or will they be able to move on? You will have to read on to find out. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for my mom--
the best human to ever live.
It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad. Not being alone for over three weeks. Not the white walls, ceiling and floor.

As the third Trial draws to a close, Thomas and some of his cohorts manage to escape from WICKED, their memories having been restored, only to face new dangers as WICKED claims to be trying to protect the human race from the deadly FLARE virus.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,192,748 books! | Top bar: Always visible