The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) by…

The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) (edition 2013)

by James Dashner

Member:ajwseven
Title:The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:**

The Death Cure by James Dashner

English (145)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (149)
This series took me on quite a roller coaster ride. I can't believe it's finally over. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I don't think I'm disappointed though; any other outcome would have been upsetting. But it still leaves the question of whether or not WICKED was good up to the individual. I'm still undecided. It was a great story and I look foward to reading the prequel. ( )
  PriPri77 | Jun 23, 2016 |
2,5 stars.

This book was a really disappointing ending to a series that had started rather well. I hope that the two prequels will answer all the questions and mysteries that were never solved in this book because I was as interested in the backstory as I was in the Gladers' story. Only the latter is solved and even then their past is left out. The plot isn't bad, but it is in general very predictable and there's only one part that can be consiered a plot twist.

Also, the characters were very different compared to the first book. I can see why Thomas, Minho and Newt wouldn't trust WICKED to return their memories without changing anything, but all that knowledge would have been very useful for them. They never even try to truly find out what the others know. Considering how much time they had spent trying to undestand the maze, it seems a bit strange that they're suddenly not interested in inside knowledge.

Not all was bad though. I actually liked how the book (and the series) ended. It was really good, as it is closed and open at the same time. If you liked the other two books, I would recommend you to read this one too. Just don't expect too much until the last few chapters. ( )
  Hellen0 | Jun 22, 2016 |
This is intelligent, unpredictable and totally engrossing. A roller coaster of a book that grabs you from the first sentence and doesn't let you go till the last. I loved the characters and the dynamics between Thomas and Teresa which were left quite unresolved, but ultimately satisfying. It was great! ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |
I felt by this time Thomas would have gotten a clue. For a genius, well, he isn't very bright. He is whiney and self absorbed. Granted, most teenage boys are but he is supposed to be special and smarter than the average person. I got tired of him in book two but wanter to finish the series. I am wishing it moved along faster so I finished sooner. ( )
  weisser4 | May 3, 2016 |
A gripping final installment of this series. This is the first time I cried in one of these books...that final act that Thomas was forced to do to a friend pushed me over the edge. I was disappointed at two of the deaths that occurred. I understand people have to die in books like these, but I was disappointed. I was happy with the overall resolution though, who Thomas ended up with and saving, the idea of the Immunes getting to start over again while the infected people died off. It's a good way to tie everything all up. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad. Not being alone for over three weeks. Not the white walls, ceiling and floor.

As the third Trial draws to a close, Thomas and some of his cohorts manage to escape from WICKED, their memories having been restored, only to face new dangers as WICKED claims to be trying to protect the human race from the deadly FLARE virus.

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,838,705 books! | Top bar: Always visible