Press Here by Herve Tullet

Press Here (edition 2011)

by Herve Tullet

Member:trancon
Title:Press Here
Authors:Herve Tullet
Info:Chronicle Books (2011), Hardcover, 56 pages
Tags:Picture Book

Press Here by Hervé Tullet

English (135)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (137)
I really like the interactive component of this story. I found myself following the directions for fun as I read, and really enjoying it! I think following the directions in the book would be good practice for a young child. The pictures are simplistic and easy to follow too, for a younger. For example, they would learn about directions and tilting. I could also see this as being a great writing springboard for students, as they could start with a dot and the words "press here," because ideas from there are endless!
  brynnschaal | Feb 13, 2016 |
My two-year-old LOVES this book, and so does my five-year-old now that I think about it! Really fun, interactive, and makes you laugh. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
This book is a great book that can expand a child's imagination. I believe that it shows a good progression of events because when you push the "button" on one page and then turn the page it affects what happens on the other side. The bright colors and repetitive shapes would be great for a child who needs practice with different skills from color ID to shape ID. This book may be seen as simple but if used properly could serve a great purpose.

Genre: Fantasy Fiction

Use:
- For a child that needs to practice motor function or possible counting
- Practicing colors while counting
  swallace14 | Jan 30, 2016 |
This book presents a series of requests and the book changes with the requests.
  sande2 | Dec 8, 2015 |
I like this book because it is not just a story but actually engages a reader. This book asks you to press dots and shake the book and each time you do something different the dots change on the next page. The pictures are bright and colorful which can draw in young readers as they read and follow the directions on each page.This book would be great in a special education classroom when working with students that have fine motor delays in an enjoyable way for the student. ( )
  cbucci1 | Dec 6, 2015 |

Hervé Tulletprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Franceschelli, ChristopherTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Press the yellow dot on the cover of this book, follow the instructions within, and embark upon a magical journey! Each page of this surprising book instructs the reader to press the dots, shake the pages, tilt the book, and who knows what will happen next! Children and adults alike will giggle with delight as the dots multiply, change direction, and grow in size! Especially remarkable because the adventure occurs on the flat surface of the simple, printed page, this unique picture book about the power of imagination and interactivity will provide read-aloud fun for all ages!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:57 -0400)

Instructs the reader on how to interact with the illustrations to create imaginative images.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,256,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible