Press Here by Herve Tullet

Press Here (edition 2011)

by Herve Tullet

Member:Jessicasepu
Title:Press Here
Authors:Herve Tullet
Info:Chronicle Books (2011), Hardcover, 56 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Dots, moving, fun, little kids, relunctent readers

Press Here by Hervé Tullet

English (116)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (118)
I liked this book for one main reason. This book was very interactive. This book was refreshingly different and new. The entire book was instructions of different actions you had to do to a book. For example "shake lightly" or "tilt to the right". With each turn of the page the author make the reader feel as if they are causing what is happening through out the story. I feel that this is a hard task to truly put your reader into your writing. However, this author did a great job of it. The point of this book was working on following directions, if you are not able to follow the books directions then it will not make much sense when reading it.
  achamb15 | Mar 23, 2015 |
I enjoyed “Press Here”, the central message of which was that fun can be had simply through the use of interactivity, as well as one’s imagination. I liked the book for its simple and colorful illustrations, which were interactive in nature (e.g., by pressing the yellow circle on the page, “shaking” the dots up so they could change direction and grow in size, etc.). I also liked the plot of the book, which was to employ the use of one’s imagination through interactivity with the text. I felt that this was a very fun way to encourage children to use their imaginations, fantasize, and even to learn their colors, shapes, and sizes. Finally, I liked the book for its simple writing, which was limited to short directions, such as, “Press here.” I felt that, by keeping the text and its accompanying illustrations simple, the author was able to encourage the children reading his book to “fill in the blanks” with their own minds. I feel as though this would be a great book to have in my classroom library, as it is fun and fantastical in nature, and allows children to interact with the text in an engaging and enjoyable way. ( )
  kkadal1 | Mar 20, 2015 |
Wonderfully imaginative and fun. Each of the pages blends together so seamlessly it really feels like the pictures are following each direction.
  jlange4 | Mar 15, 2015 |
I really liked this book because of how unique and creative it was. When I first saw the cover, I really had no idea hwat the book was going to entail, but as I opened it I discovered how the book is filled with directions on how to touch or direct the page to make the dots on it move. For example, the page will say to press the dot to make it bigger. Then on the next page the dot gets bigger. Or it will say to tilt the page to the left and then on the next page all of the dots will be tilted to the left. I feel that this book teaches kids a lot about following directions and cause and effect.They have to follow the directions carefully to "make the dots do what they are supposed to". Then it also teaches cause and effect because they see that if they do one thing then something else happens. I really liked this book because t was so simple, yet it taught many lessons. ( )
  evandy1 | Mar 12, 2015 |
I was initially skeptical of this book that looked like an app, but it was a lot of fun! Would be great to read with just one kid - they could help press, shake, and tilt - but could also be really fun for group storytimes. ( )
  JennyArch | Feb 11, 2015 |

Hervé Tulletprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Franceschelli, ChristopherTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
PRESS here and turn the page.

Press the yellow dot on the cover of this book, follow the instructions within, and embark upon a magical journey! Each page of this surprising book instructs the reader to press the dots, shake the pages, tilt the book, and who knows what will happen next! Children and adults alike will giggle with delight as the dots multiply, change direction, and grow in size! Especially remarkable because the adventure occurs on the flat surface of the simple, printed page, this unique picture book about the power of imagination and interactivity will provide read-aloud fun for all ages!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:22 -0400)

Instructs the reader on how to interact with the illustrations to create imaginative images.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,147,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible