Press Here by Herve Tullet

Press Here (edition 2011)

by Herve Tullet

85612010,449 (4.56)12
Member:Jessicasepu
Title:Press Here
Authors:Herve Tullet
Info:Chronicle Books (2011), Hardcover, 56 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Dots, moving, fun, little kids, relunctent readers

Press Here by Hervé Tullet

English (118)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (120)
This book is so much fun. Every page gives you a different instruction--when you follow what the book says, the dots on the page change accordingly. I read this to my Pre-K class and they loved it. Very good for young children.
  kather8 | Jun 7, 2015 |
"Press Here" is a fantasy that has a set of instructions on each page. Once the yellow dot is pressed on the front cover, the book is opened to display a myriad of situations in which the dot changes or dots are added. When the book is shaken, the dots fall to the side of the next page, or when one dot is pressed rapidly, the lights turn off and the page goes black!
  ThisIsNotSophie | Jun 3, 2015 |
I liked this book for one main reason. This book was very interactive. This book was refreshingly different and new. The entire book was instructions of different actions you had to do to a book. For example "shake lightly" or "tilt to the right". With each turn of the page the author make the reader feel as if they are causing what is happening through out the story. I feel that this is a hard task to truly put your reader into your writing. However, this author did a great job of it. The point of this book was working on following directions, if you are not able to follow the books directions then it will not make much sense when reading it.
  achamb15 | Mar 23, 2015 |
I enjoyed “Press Here”, the central message of which was that fun can be had simply through the use of interactivity, as well as one’s imagination. I liked the book for its simple and colorful illustrations, which were interactive in nature (e.g., by pressing the yellow circle on the page, “shaking” the dots up so they could change direction and grow in size, etc.). I also liked the plot of the book, which was to employ the use of one’s imagination through interactivity with the text. I felt that this was a very fun way to encourage children to use their imaginations, fantasize, and even to learn their colors, shapes, and sizes. Finally, I liked the book for its simple writing, which was limited to short directions, such as, “Press here.” I felt that, by keeping the text and its accompanying illustrations simple, the author was able to encourage the children reading his book to “fill in the blanks” with their own minds. I feel as though this would be a great book to have in my classroom library, as it is fun and fantastical in nature, and allows children to interact with the text in an engaging and enjoyable way. ( )
  kkadal1 | Mar 20, 2015 |
Wonderfully imaginative and fun. Each of the pages blends together so seamlessly it really feels like the pictures are following each direction.
  jlange4 | Mar 15, 2015 |

Hervé Tulletprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Franceschelli, ChristopherTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
PRESS here and turn the page.

Press the yellow dot on the cover of this book, follow the instructions within, and embark upon a magical journey! Each page of this surprising book instructs the reader to press the dots, shake the pages, tilt the book, and who knows what will happen next! Children and adults alike will giggle with delight as the dots multiply, change direction, and grow in size! Especially remarkable because the adventure occurs on the flat surface of the simple, printed page, this unique picture book about the power of imagination and interactivity will provide read-aloud fun for all ages!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:57 -0400)

Instructs the reader on how to interact with the illustrations to create imaginative images.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,389,772 books! | Top bar: Always visible