Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Dragon Bound

by Thea Harrison

Series: Elder Races (1)

Listened to audio narrated well by Sophie Eastlake. Stealing from a dragon is not a wise move, making a long lived dragon not bored turns out to be a good thing for Pia. Pia is desparate to keep what she is hidden, no matter what she is, Dragos claims her as his. Lots of he-man thumping but it's fun to watch Pia retrain him within tolerable levels.

There's theft, and kidnapping and chasing and escaping, and dragon vengeance. Lots of goodness and while a part of me wants to tell you what Pea is, you'll have to read the book to find out! Loved the book and can't wait to read the next one!

More of my reviews can be found at https://wyldheartreads.wordpress.com/
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
I recently just bought Dragon Bound, for a group read, and since I just adore shifter romances, and this author has been at the top of my list of authors to read. I do have a weakness for dragons, and after reading Dragon Bound, I am hooked on this author. I have already bought the second one. Thea Harrison brings out certain aspects of shifter love stories, that completely captures your attention from the first paragraph. There was quite a few things that I enjoyed about Dragon Bound. As the first in the series, I felt like this author set up this world with enough description and sensuality to get you hooked immediately. I never felt lost in her writing or confused.

Pia finds herself being forced into a situation with no good ending in sight. She ends up having no option but to steal a penny from the leader of the Wyr (dragon shifters), and through some miracle she manages it without getting caught. But she knows that he will try to find her, and she will have to live a life on the run. With the help of a friend she manages to escape into a territory that is a enemy to the Wyr. But then she is shocked when her good luck runs out, and she finds herself captured by Dragos. In the beginning she expects him to kill her or torture her, but she is shocked when neither of those things actually occur. Dragos is furious with Pia when he finally finds the thief that stole his penny. But he finds himself being seduced by her beauty and her sweet spirit, and did what had to be done to survive. He starts to truly admire her, but there are vultures circling around them, threatening both of them. Only by truly trusting one another and working as a team will they be able to conquer all that stands between them.

I have heard so many great things about Dragon Bound since it came out, and I don't know how I waited this LONG to finally get my booty in gear and read it! Thea Harrison is going up my list along side with J.R. Ward and Christine Feehan. There was so much that I enjoyed about this story. There was so much mystery and intrigue and a intensity to the story that only tightened its hold on me. I loved this couple, Pia and Dragos were stellar together. There was quite a few surprises here and there, and the chemistry alone is hot enough to heat the whole planet up. Dragon Bound lived up to my expectations and even more than that it turned into one of those stories that burns in your memory forever. A Tale full of passion, paranormal suspense, with such witty interactions between the characters, you will have no choice but to fall in love. A WINNNER of a read and I guarantee it will delight you from your head to your toes. A must read for any that are looking for a thrilling and intense romance yet soft and juicy on the inside. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 19, 2019 |
I LOVED this book! The characters were so vivid. I enjoyed the story, it swept you up in a complex fight of good against evil and kept me glued to the pages to see the outcome. The mystery of Pia's other form kept me turning the pages feverishly. I loved the chemistry between Pia and Dragos was just so hot! I loved that some of the dialogue was tongue in the cheek and this book had me smiling often. I am definitely a fan and am looking forward to the rest of the series as well as reading other books by this author!

SYNOPSIS:

Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful - and passionate - of the Elder Races.

As the most feared and respected of the wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they’ve ignited in one another. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
4.5 stars

I can't get my thoughts together, but to sum it up, I loved Pia and Dragos. They were a great couple and I liked how they worked toward making a relationship work for them. I was just as surprised as the rest of them when Pia's shift form was revealed. The story involving the Dark Fae king was just OK. The focus of this story was Pia and Dragos and that was fine with me. ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Dragon Bound
5 Stars

Synopsis:
Half-human and half-wyr, Pio Giovanni has spent her life on the run from unknown forces. After inadvertently revealing her abilities, Pia is blackmailed into stealing a coin from the most powerful of the Elder Races – Dragos, whose fury knows no bounds and who will stop at nothing to find and keep the one who stole from him.

Review:
A book that definitely lives up to the hype. Dragon Bound has a gripping story, fantastic characters and an amazing romance.

The world building is incredibly detailed and intricate. The author’s knowledge of various mythological creatures and her skill at incorporating these elements into the plot and characterization is commendable. For example, the fact that Dragos hoards beautiful things is traditional of dragons in western culture and books such as Smaug in The Hobbit and the dragons guarding Gringotts in Harry Potter.
The romance is absorbing. Pia and Dragos’s chemistry is intense and kept me turning the pages. I just didn’t want their story to end. Some readers may find Dragos overly domineering and possessive but this aspect of his character is consistent with the fact that he is, in fact, a dragon albeit in the form of a man.

Pia is spunky, intelligent and resourceful. She is more than capable of holding her own against all the male characters in the book (and the female as well) from her obnoxious ex-boyfriend to the spiteful fae king and the dragon himself. The mystery revolving around her wyr-form (i.e., the creature that she can shift into) is intriguing and the ultimate revelation of her identity is one of my favorite scenes.

My one small nitpick is that the villain of the piece is a little generic and never really constitutes a real threat. He is easily thwarted and his ultimate demise is anti-climactic. Nevertheless, this plot point never detracted from my enjoyment of the story.

The secondary characters are also well developed and interesting with each of Dragos’s friends having their own distinct personalities and opinions. The series continues with some of these characters taking the lead and I look forward to reading future installments as well as re-reading this one quite soon.
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |

Thea Harrisonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eastlake, SophieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Half human and half Wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the Wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful---and passionate---of the Elder Races.

As the most feared and respected of the Wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they've ignited in one another.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425241505, Mass Market Paperback)

View our feature on Thea Harrison’s Dragon Bound.

Read Thea Harrison's blogs and other content on the Penguin Community.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:23 -0400)

"Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful-and passionate-of the Elder races."--p. 4 of cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,653,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible