Hexed by Kevin Hearne

Hexed

by Kevin Hearne

Series: Iron Druid Chronicles (2)

English (69)  Polish (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (71)
love, love, love this series ( )
  Claudia.Anderson | Feb 7, 2016 |
Atticus gets to deal with some German witches and demons. Lots of action in this book! Looking forward to Hammered! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Audio-
This second book in the "Iron Druid Chronicles" series finds Atticus , the last druid, trying to make nice with the a coven of witches. He gets sidetracked by another cover this one he knows from the past, and they want death. Lets not forget he has the Bacchants and Celtic goddesses,leaving him scratched and tired. Oberon, Atticus's Irish wolfhound, steals my heart more than once. There are so many funny moments, my favorite has to do with the Widow...LOL
I am on to the next. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
3.5 Stars ( )
  Melissa_J | Jan 16, 2016 |
I listened to the first on on audio, but read this - the second in the series. While I liked the narrator, I do think I enjoy reading these more than listening.

This is a fun series. I love the tiny little nuggets of subtle connection that the author leaves sprinkled throughout the book - usually references to other books. The Oberon (dog) character is really well-done.

This book falls into a category of books I'll call "fun stories". Not great literature, but just good and solid storytelling. A fun premise for a story, some solid characters, and a story well-done.

It might be written with young-adult male readers in mind, though I'm not sure I'd suggest it for under 16. ( )
  bicyclewriter | Jan 8, 2016 |

Kevin Hearneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my father, who never saw these books in print, but at least left us knowing his son had achieved his dream
Turns out that when you kill a god, people want to talk to you.

Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, doesn’t care much for witches. Still, he’s about to make nice with the local coven by signing a mutually beneficial nonaggression treaty—when suddenly the witch population in modern-day Tempe, Arizona, quadruples overnight. And the new girls are not just bad, they’re badasses with a dark history on the German side of World War II.

With a fallen angel feasting on local high school students, a horde of Bacchants blowing in from Vegas with their special brand of deadly decadence, and a dangerously sexy Celtic goddess of fire vying for his attention, Atticus is having trouble scheduling the witch hunt. But aided by his magical sword, his neighbor’s rocket-propelled grenade launcher, and his vampire attorney, Atticus is ready to sweep the town and show the witchy women they picked the wrong Druid to hex.

Atticus O'Sullivan, last of the Druids, doesn't care much for witches. Still, he's about to make nice with the local coven by signing a mutually beneficial nonaggression treaty when suddenly the witch population in modern-day Tempe, Arizona, quadruples overnight. And the new girls are not just bad, they're badasses with a dark history on the German side of World War II. With a fallen angel feasting on local high school students, a horde of Bacchants blowing in from Vegas with their special brand of deadly decadence, and a dangerously sexy Celtic goddess of fire vying for his attention, Atticus is having trouble scheduling the witch hunt. But aided by his magical sword, his neighbor's rocket-propelled grenade launcher, and his vampire attorney, Atticus is ready to sweep the town and show the witchy women they picked up the wrong Druid to hex.--From back cover.… (more)

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

80 wanted6 pay11 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,149,709 books! | Top bar: Always visible