Hexed by Kevin Hearne

Hexed

by Kevin Hearne

Series: Iron Druid Chronicles (2)

English (73)  Polish (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (75)
This is a pretty fun read. The books are a little exposition-heavy because the magic systems are rather complex, but when Atticus gets down to the magic and sword-wielding, the pages fly by. (Also when he starts some story-telling. Pass the popcorn.)

As usual Oberon the wolfhound is a stitch, but the police continue to be a worry. Atticus's flimsy alibis can't hold up forever. ( )
  tigerb | Apr 7, 2016 |
This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & MoreQuickie Review
After the struggles faced in Hounded, Atticus finds himself in more trouble. He can't seem to win for losing. Atticus finds himself stuck between two goddesses, and has to figure out what is killing people in the area. Not only are there crazy witches with a score to settle, but there are also demons roaming around.

I love the humor in these books. Even when it looks like the shit is about to hit the fan, Atticus manages to find the bright side. Or at least make things a little more enjoyable. He's a complete smart ass unless he's face to face with someone who could kill him. We also get to meet Coyote, who is the local god of mischief.

After the way this book ended, I can't wait to see what happens next. This is definitely a series I can get behind. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
I really do enjoy this series. There's a nice balance between humor and the dangerous action scenes. What really makes the stories work for me? The characters. Atticus is a fun and fascinating hero. I adore his relationship with the Widow McDonagh. She is up there as a favorite. Who wouldn't love a kick-butt senior citizen who takes werewolves in stride? Oberon is still my favorite...his one-liners always make me smile...or laugh out loud. Then there is Laksha...she's extremely powerful, but her favors come at a price. I enjoyed watching Atticus join forces with vampire-lawyer Leif and the local witch coven, too.

While the story wasn't quite as strong as book one, it does set the stage for an interesting confrontation. Atticus has a few favors to repay, including a trip to Asgard...and a battle with Thor. In short, the books are pure entertainment. I look forward to reading Hammered! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Second read through / first of audio.

Excellent narration. Luke Daniels brings Atticus to life and allows the reader to effortlessly fall into the story. These are fun books to begin with and his character voices add so much to the experience. Nicely done! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
love, love, love this series ( )
  Claudia.Anderson | Feb 7, 2016 |

Kevin Hearneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my father, who never saw these books in print, but at least left us knowing his son had achieved his dream
Turns out that when you kill a god, people want to talk to you.

Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, doesn’t care much for witches. Still, he’s about to make nice with the local coven by signing a mutually beneficial nonaggression treaty—when suddenly the witch population in modern-day Tempe, Arizona, quadruples overnight. And the new girls are not just bad, they’re badasses with a dark history on the German side of World War II.

With a fallen angel feasting on local high school students, a horde of Bacchants blowing in from Vegas with their special brand of deadly decadence, and a dangerously sexy Celtic goddess of fire vying for his attention, Atticus is having trouble scheduling the witch hunt. But aided by his magical sword, his neighbor’s rocket-propelled grenade launcher, and his vampire attorney, Atticus is ready to sweep the town and show the witchy women they picked the wrong Druid to hex.

Atticus O'Sullivan, last of the Druids, doesn't care much for witches. Still, he's about to make nice with the local coven by signing a mutually beneficial nonaggression treaty when suddenly the witch population in modern-day Tempe, Arizona, quadruples overnight. And the new girls are not just bad, they're badasses with a dark history on the German side of World War II. With a fallen angel feasting on local high school students, a horde of Bacchants blowing in from Vegas with their special brand of deadly decadence, and a dangerously sexy Celtic goddess of fire vying for his attention, Atticus is having trouble scheduling the witch hunt. But aided by his magical sword, his neighbor's rocket-propelled grenade launcher, and his vampire attorney, Atticus is ready to sweep the town and show the witchy women they picked up the wrong Druid to hex.--From back cover.… (more)

80 wanted6 pay11 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,253,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible