Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, Book…

Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, Book 2) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Larissa Ione

Member:LLL808
Title:Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, Book 2)
Authors:Larissa Ione
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Rating:*****

Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione (2011)

4.5 stars ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
i love Larissa Ione's Demonica books and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse series is also excellent! ( )
  KarinShah | May 13, 2015 |
Immortal Rider is the second book in the Lords of Deliverance series by Larissa Ione.

Limos also knows as Famine is the third horseman of the Apocalypse. As contrary to her brothers she was raised as a princess in Hell and at a young age she was betrothed to Satan. After meeting her brothers and expending sometime out of Hell with them she realized she didn’t liked the person she was and the things she did. For her, lying and betraying was a sport and as entertaining as any hobby could be. Now a changed woman her past is coming to haunt her. Not only Satan is putting pressure to claim her as his bride, the lies she told are affecting everybody around her.
Arik Wagner has been involve with the supernatural world for more than half his life. He has worked with them for years always keeping his distance, until the day he mets Limos. There is something in her that attracts him deeply, so much he can’t resist kissing her… big mistake! In Limos betrothal contract there is clause that stipulates if Limos show any affection to any man this man will be brought to hell and he will be torture until he calls Limos name, the moment this man calls her name Limos will be magically taken back to Hell where she will marry her fiancé. Soon after Arik kisses Limos he is taken by some creatures to Hell, where he suffers for weeks all kind of torments, he never breaks, he is too afraid of what could happened if he says Limos name.
After some planing he is able to escape but his nightmare doesn’t end there, some other complications happen and now he needs to be closer to Limos than ever. Ok, not too close because Limos wears a chastity belt that will chop to bit and pieces anything that comes too close to her.

This is the first time I have a love/hate relationship with a character. I liked Limos humor, her capacity to kick some ass and her love and devotion for her brothers, but I hated her compulsive lying. She is a strong woman in a sense and a very weak in other aspects. I couldn’t understand her behavior and how seeing the damage she was doing with her lies she didn’t do anything to stop it. Also how she let Pestilence blackmailed her in doing something very foolish without thinking about the consequences of her actions.

I liked Arik since Demonica series and loved him in this book. We learned a lot more about him and his past. He grew up in an abusive household. Since he has a young child he tried to protect his mom as sister as much as he could but sometimes it was too much for him to handle. His circumstances forced him to make stupid decisions, decisions for which years later he is still paying. I loved how despite Limos lies and deceptions he sticked by her and protected her even from herself.

The sexual tension between this two is off the chart, don’t expect pages of down and dirty action because you won’t find them (remember chastity belt), but to be honest I didn’t miss them. Mrs. Ione does a wonderful job in heating the engines and leaving them idle until the great take off at the end of the book. I loved how descriptive Arik was while talking of what he wanted to do to Limos... *fans herself*

The secondary characters played a big role, specially Thanatos, his story was a hard one and very difficult to digest but so well portrayed that I suffered with him. I won’t give too much away about this but let me tell you it will play an important part in books to come.
Ares is also present with Cara. We see more of the guys from Underground General and Demonica series in general. Some have bigger roles than others and some will have more important parts in the future. One character I really like is Reaver, I also suffered with him throughout the pages, Mrs. Iona gives us a bit more info about him and me and my overworking brain have a very BIG theory about him, I’ll see in future books if I’m right… I can’t share it with you because it’ll be very spoilerish.

Immortal Rider is a book that will trap you in its creative world, with amazing characters that you would pay to meet and with non-stop action that would have you devouring its pages. Immortal Rider has a main plot and many subplots synchronized perfectly to make of the read a more entangling and enjoyable one.
I recommend Immortal Rider and this series in general to all the fans of the Demonica series and anyone who wants to read very sexy, dark, paranormal romance. I also recommend you to read these books in order. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
Can't wait for the next book. ( )
  scareyb | Feb 6, 2015 |
3.5 star rating

I wanted to give this book higher rating. If I were to rate Limos and Arik's story then it would be a bit better than average. However, Thanatos's story starts in this book and it is so overwhelming than it shadows the main story.

The book starts at the party. They are celebrating Ares and Cara's wedding. Arik kisses Limos and demons drag him to hell. While there, he is tortured to say her name in agony (if he does that, then she becomes Satan's). Of course, he doesn't do that.
All Limos's lies come to light in this book. Her brothers find out everything she has been hiding from them. There are some pretty heartbreaking moments. I don't think I even have to say who spills all her secrets. I felt sorry for her.
As far as their story goes, it is rewarding to read the ending. However, as I said, Thanatos's story is so great and huge that Limos/Arik took a back seat in their own book (or at least almost took a back seat). Too much space was given to such a powerful character (not that I am completely complaining) and it almost completely shadowed the main story. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
Eternal Rider sets the stage for The Lords of Deliverance series but Immortal Rider throws you into the no holds barred action of this amazing world. It’s dark, gritty, violent, snarky, sexy and will push boundaries like no other book Ms. Ione has penned. With that said, it is not for the faint of heart or the reader who may have issues with violence and/or torture because Arik faces his share of it and then some. Delivering wicked hot demons and fierce warriors of the Apocalypse, Ms. Ione sets a compelling course to Doomsday as each story unfolds. What you can always count on is even though you are engrossed in an evil and vengeful setting, Ms. Ione’s underlying theme is a desire for the greater good in both mankind and her characters.

When he is sent to Hell for stealing a kiss from Limos, an immortal beauty who is engaged to Satan, Arik Wagner uses all of his military training to survive demon torture and prove to Limos that they belong together.

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,908,103 books! | Top bar: Always visible