Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Double Dexter: A Novel by Jeff Lindsay

Double Dexter: A Novel (edition 2011)

by Jeff Lindsay (Author)

Rating:***
Tags:crime, 2012 : my reads, jeff lindsay

Double Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Dexter, how I love thee.

It took a while for me to have some reading time these past two weeks. What better way to spend that reading time than with a Jeff Lindsay novel.

If there are authors I would like to emulate, Jeff Lindsay and Robert Crais - with their wit, humour and thrilling plots - would be at the top of my list. This outing sees even more of the witty insights into Dexter's world, my favourite being the final exclamation by Astor, Dexter's step daughter.

I can't give this book five stars, because it isn't as strong as the others in the series. Crunch time hits in the plot about page 200 and is the taut and witty Dexter we know and love. I don't normally say this about books I read - as I object to it myself - but sticking with this Dexter outing is well worth it.

Also worth mentioning is that Jeff signed my copy of Double Dexter. I asked him about the difference between how Dexter sees himself as "big brained Dexter" and yet exhibits traits that counter this statement. Jeff had some very interesting insights into the psychopath mind that he shared with me on this topic, summarised as "They are never as smart as they think they are."

Read and enjoy. ( )
  TysonAdams | Jun 20, 2017 |
This book was much better than the last Dexter book I read, which was two books ago. I just couldn't handle the writing style anymore. However, When I saw that this was up for a First Reads giveaway I couldn't resist.

I give it a middle of the road 3 stars. I still liked the first two books the best, but I feel this is getting slightly more on track. The plot is interesting, and I wasn't bored while reading it. The Bad? Rita is suuuuuuper annoying in this book. Man I couldn't stand her.

I wasn't overwhelmed or underwhelmed with this book, just whelmed. Very milquetoast. ( )
  Sarah_Buckley | Sep 17, 2016 |
Johnny Heller
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
This was maybe my favorite of the Dexter books. Good, interesting plot with a lot of different angles. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
Enjoyable, black comedy about a serial killer who operates according to a "code" where truly vile people who have evaded justice are removed from society with extreme prejudice.
Dexter gets observed in the middle of a job and then gets stalked by this person who is seriously disturbed and feels he needs to rid society of Dexter. Along the way, this person collects a few others to boot and Dexter is really struggling to find out who the stalker is, as the stalker always seems to be a few steps ahead of him.
Dexter, the new dad and family man is definitely off his game.
Good fun. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
For Hilary, as ever
Of course there are clouds. They take over the sky and hide that pulsing swollen moon that is clearing its throat above them.

Dexter Morgan is not your average serial killer. He enjoys his day job as a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Police Department . . . but he lives for his nighttime hobby of hunting other killers. Dexter is therefore not pleased to discover that someone is shadowing him, observ­ing him, and copying his methods. Dexter is not one to tol­erate displeasure . . . in fact, he has a knack for extricating himself from trouble in his own pleasurable way.

Forensic analyst and nighttime vigilante Dexter Morgan discovers that he is being followed by a killer who is copying his methods, an adversary whom Dexter seeks to outmaneuver using his trademark knack for extricating himself from trouble.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,479,660 books! | Top bar: Always visible