Double Dexter: A Novel (Dexter 6) by Jeff…

Double Dexter: A Novel (Dexter 6) (edition 2012)

by Jeff Lindsay

Series: Dexter (6)

Member:Eloise
Title:Double Dexter: A Novel (Dexter 6)
Authors:Jeff Lindsay
Info:Orion (2012), Paperback, 464 pages
Tags:not read yet, thriller

Double Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Enjoyable, black comedy about a serial killer who operates according to a "code" where truly vile people who have evaded justice are removed from society with extreme prejudice.
Dexter gets observed in the middle of a job and then gets stalked by this person who is seriously disturbed and feels he needs to rid society of Dexter. Along the way, this person collects a few others to boot and Dexter is really struggling to find out who the stalker is, as the stalker always seems to be a few steps ahead of him.
Dexter, the new dad and family man is definitely off his game.
Good fun. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
Not great, not bad. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
This is the point at which I stopped reading the series. It wasn't the worst book, but it helped me lose interest. It's okay enough on its own, but it adds little value to the series. It's not particularly original, except perhaps own its own terms at the end, when the big bad dies by other hands — or jaws, rather. There's no character development, no reason to care about what happens to anyone. On its own, it's middle of the road, but I'd rate it two stars by comparison with the rest of the series. ( )
  Michael_Rose | Jan 10, 2016 |
There were parts of this book that got me really excited. But in the end, the author dropped the ball in a lot of ways. Over all, I like the concept of Dexter but I think Jeff Lindsay ruined that concept by giving him a family. Mostly, I'm just glad I'm done with this series. I don't know if the author is planning on writing more Dexter books but I don't plan on reading them. ( )
  jimocracy | Apr 18, 2015 |
Dexter inspired the story and created the character, a serial killer we (Dexter fans) came to love on screen.

The story moved along very quickly. Someone witnessed Dexter's hobby. This someone is a killer himself. This someone is toying with Dexter, trying to out him, framing him for murder.

So, in the book, he still living with Rita and 3 kids. And he has a daughter who is very baby smart. The two kids are monsters, aka little Dexter.

The brother Brian is still alive and cynical and still willing to help out Dexter. The sister Deb has a baby boy of her own. This is so good that all things are going well except that he was seen chopping up a child killer and was hunted.

The ending is kind of sweat. He didn't get to kill this horrible person Shadow guy but something I like better did.

Good one. Like it a lot. ( )
  XOX | Jul 30, 2014 |
For Hilary, as ever
Of course there are clouds. They take over the sky and hide that pulsing swollen moon that is clearing its throat above them.

Dexter Morgan is not your average serial killer. He enjoys his day job as a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Police Department . . . but he lives for his nighttime hobby of hunting other killers. Dexter is therefore not pleased to discover that someone is shadowing him, observ­ing him, and copying his methods. Dexter is not one to tol­erate displeasure . . . in fact, he has a knack for extricating himself from trouble in his own pleasurable way.

Forensic analyst and nighttime vigilante Dexter Morgan discovers that he is being followed by a killer who is copying his methods, an adversary whom Dexter seeks to outmaneuver using his trademark knack for extricating himself from trouble.

292 wanted3 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,206,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible