Double Dexter: A Novel (Dexter 6) by Jeff…

Double Dexter: A Novel (Dexter 6) (edition 2012)

by Jeff Lindsay

Series: Dexter (6)

Member:Eloise
Title:Double Dexter: A Novel (Dexter 6)
Authors:Jeff Lindsay
Info:Orion (2012), Paperback, 464 pages
Tags:not read yet, thriller

Double Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Dexter, how I love thee.

It took a while for me to have some reading time these past two weeks. What better way to spend that reading time than with a Jeff Lindsay novel.

If there are authors I would like to emulate, Jeff Lindsay and Robert Crais - with their wit, humour and thrilling plots - would be at the top of my list. This outing sees even more of the witty insights into Dexter's world, my favourite being the final exclamation by Astor, Dexter's step daughter.

I can't give this book five stars, because it isn't as strong as the others in the series. Crunch time hits in the plot about page 200 and is the taut and witty Dexter we know and love. I don't normally say this about books I read - as I object to it myself - but sticking with this Dexter outing is well worth it.

Also worth mentioning is that Jeff signed my copy of Double Dexter. I asked him about the difference between how Dexter sees himself as "big brained Dexter" and yet exhibits traits that counter this statement. Jeff had some very interesting insights into the psychopath mind that he shared with me on this topic, summarised as "They are never as smart as they think they are."

Read and enjoy. ( )
  TysonAdams | Jun 20, 2017 |
A little disappointing, to be honest. Felt like Jeff Lindsay was phoning most of it in. The antagonist wasn't terribly interesting and it seemed that Dexter was off his game for most of the book, letting a lot of obvious hints get past him. Also, Dexter needs to start appreciating his wife beyond "gorgeous lady who cooks great meals", honestly. At least there was plenty of everyone's favorite Dexter-hating detective, Doakes, and resident lab creep Vince, to go around. Plus Deb was pretty awesome, as usual. More of a 3.5 than a 3. Hopefully Lindsay uses the next book to start an actual multi-book plotline involving Dexter (that isn't babies); at this point in the series, he really needs a major shake up in his life. ( )
  SarahHayes | Feb 20, 2017 |
This book was much better than the last Dexter book I read, which was two books ago. I just couldn't handle the writing style anymore. However, When I saw that this was up for a First Reads giveaway I couldn't resist.

I give it a middle of the road 3 stars. I still liked the first two books the best, but I feel this is getting slightly more on track. The plot is interesting, and I wasn't bored while reading it. The Bad? Rita is suuuuuuper annoying in this book. Man I couldn't stand her.

I wasn't overwhelmed or underwhelmed with this book, just whelmed. Very milquetoast. ( )
  Sarah_Buckley | Sep 17, 2016 |
Johnny Heller
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
This was maybe my favorite of the Dexter books. Good, interesting plot with a lot of different angles. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
For Hilary, as ever
Of course there are clouds. They take over the sky and hide that pulsing swollen moon that is clearing its throat above them.

Dexter Morgan is not your average serial killer. He enjoys his day job as a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Police Department . . . but he lives for his nighttime hobby of hunting other killers. Dexter is therefore not pleased to discover that someone is shadowing him, observ­ing him, and copying his methods. Dexter is not one to tol­erate displeasure . . . in fact, he has a knack for extricating himself from trouble in his own pleasurable way.

Forensic analyst and nighttime vigilante Dexter Morgan discovers that he is being followed by a killer who is copying his methods, an adversary whom Dexter seeks to outmaneuver using his trademark knack for extricating himself from trouble.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,228,528 books! | Top bar: Always visible