The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

The Throne of Fire (2011)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Kane Chronicles (2)

Enjoyed the format and characters. Love the author's additional input as a researcher. Cool concept. ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
Fast-paced and funny, but also unexpectedly moving. An undercurrent of loss seems to run through the Kane Chronicles, and this one is no exception, as Carter and Sadie continue to deal with their parents' deaths and various threats to the bodies and minds of themselves, their loved ones and the gods. Fortunately Riordan does a very good job of balancing somber scenes (particularly the ones in the home for forgotten and forgetting gods) with lighter moments of the main characters joking, getting caught up in boy/girl trouble, and squabbling with each other as only siblings can do. Really hoping the third and final book provides a fitting end to the series ... or that there are more after it! ( )
  bostonian71 | May 9, 2014 |
This second book in the series is just as good as the first one! I listened to this on tape and really enjoyed it! Once again we have wonderfully creative characters, vivid descriptions and an action-packed adventure that is told by alternating between the two main characters so you get both of their perspectives. There were so many twists and surprises that I was sorry to get to the end of the book! I can't wait to read the next one and continue the adventure! ( )
  SuzReads | Apr 24, 2014 |
Definitely fun, and definitely a sequel. The series continues beyond this book, too. Write faster, Rick Riordan! :-)
Great fun- inventive characterizations of Egyptian gods, great magic system. I read this, and had listened to the prequel as a terrific audiobook, so I still heard the two readers' voices in my head, alternating Sadie and Carter chapters to continue the action.
Definitely works well in both audiobook and text formats. A fast, fun read, for kids,, and enough creative adventure to have adult appeal too I think! ( )
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |
  PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Conner and Maggie, the Riordan family's great brother-sister team
Carter here.

Excerpt from the dust jacket: "Ever since the gods of ancient Egypt were unleashed in the modern world, Carter Kane and his sister Sadie have been in trouble. As descendants of the House of Life, the Kanes have some powers at their command; but the devious gods haven't given them time to master their skills at Brooklyn House; a training ground for young magicians. And now their most threatening enemy yet - the Chaos snake, Apophis - is rising. If they don't prevent him from breaking free in a few days' time, the world will end. In other words, it's a typical week for the Kane family."

Carter Kane and his sister must prevent the chaos snake Apophis from breaking free in a few days' time or the world will come to an end. To have any chance of battling these Forces of Chaos, the Kanes must revive the sun god Ra.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,611,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible