The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

The Throne of Fire (2011)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Kane Chronicles (2)

This is a good book with plenty of adventure and magic. I have read the first book and its a very good series. There is a lot of unexpected things that happen in this book. I think it was awesome that Carter went to go find Zia with Bes but it was kind of a stupid move. They almost got captured. If it wasn't for Sadie, Carter would probably be dead. But other than that mistake I think Carter is a good leader even though he doesn't think so. I felt bad for him when Zia didn't want anything to do with him. He needs to explain everything that happened in The Red Pyramid.

Sadie needs to learn when to listen to Carter. Just because he is you brother doesn't mean you don't listen to him. I like how Sadie falls for Walt but it is kinda sad what's happening to Walt. Because of Sadie falling for Walt she is confused about her feelings for Anubis. Also the book should have had Bast in it more. I like Bast she was a very helpful character.

Some books I would recommend is another book in the series called The Red Pyramid. There is another book series called The Third Door. ( )
  Jake44 | Jan 22, 2015 |
Carter was awesome. I like that he tries to find Zia, the real Zia. I ship Carter and Zia so hard. What the heck would their couple name be? Carter doesn't really think of himself as a leader, he doesn't seem to know what he's capable of, but he really pulled through and it was awesome.

Sadie has gotten really close to Walt and slowly starts to fall for him, which makes Sadie really confused about her feelings for Anubis, and Walt and Anubis seem to be pretty good friends. This is one of the only love triangles I like.

I like Bes. I didn't expect to like him as much as I did. I was sad about what happened to him at the end. And I like Bast, and I wish we saw a little more of her in the book.

I of course love Walt, Anubis, Zia, and Amos. I love that we saw Carter and Sadie's parents, I liked them.

Ra was kind of weird. When Carter and Sadie found him he acted like a senile old man and not very threatening.

This book was awesome; just as good as the first one. ( )
  barbiekait | Oct 16, 2014 |
Great book, just like all of the author's other books. ( )
  piersanti | Sep 28, 2014 |
This was a really good book! This series is very interesting, and very fast-paced and enjoyable. I'm really enjoying reading it. I really like how Riordan can go from silly stuff to serious, even sad and depressing stuff in tone - it's the kind of book where you're not REALLY sure that everything's going to turn out right in the end. And from reading some of his other books (The Percy Jackson series), it's obvious that he's not afraid to make things sad sometimes. I hope this series ends well! Can't wait to read the next book. ( )
  sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Enjoyed the format and characters. Love the author's additional input as a researcher. Cool concept. ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Conner and Maggie, the Riordan family's great brother-sister team
Carter here.

Excerpt from the dust jacket: "Ever since the gods of ancient Egypt were unleashed in the modern world, Carter Kane and his sister Sadie have been in trouble. As descendants of the House of Life, the Kanes have some powers at their command; but the devious gods haven't given them time to master their skills at Brooklyn House; a training ground for young magicians. And now their most threatening enemy yet - the Chaos snake, Apophis - is rising. If they don't prevent him from breaking free in a few days' time, the world will end. In other words, it's a typical week for the Kane family."

Carter Kane and his sister must prevent the chaos snake Apophis from breaking free in a few days' time or the world will come to an end. To have any chance of battling these Forces of Chaos, the Kanes must revive the sun god Ra.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,696,809 books! | Top bar: Always visible