The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

The Throne of Fire (2011)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Kane Chronicles (2)

1,803None3,881 (4.04)55
2011 (22) action (10) adventure (66) Ancient Egypt (14) children (11) children's (11) children's fiction (8) ebook (12) Egypt (49) Egyptian (8) Egyptian gods (10) Egyptian mythology (39) fantasy (179) fiction (85) gods (11) grade 6 (8) Kane Chronicles (34) magic (26) mythology (90) read (15) read in 2011 (10) Rick Riordan (9) series (57) siblings (10) teen (8) The Kane Chronicles (12) to-read (23) x (10) YA (45) young adult (46)

Definitely fun, and definitely a sequel. The series continues beyond this book, too. Write faster, Rick Riordan! :-)
Great fun- inventive characterizations of Egyptian gods, great magic system. I read this, and had listened to the prequel as a terrific audiobook, so I still heard the two readers' voices in my head, alternating Sadie and Carter chapters to continue the action.
Definitely works well in both audiobook and text formats. A fast, fun read, for kids,, and enough creative adventure to have adult appeal too I think! ( )
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |
  PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |
AHHH.... How much more can these guys go through? Bes is a new fav here. He keeps reminding me of Phil from disney's hercules. I totally hear Danny DeVito's voice as I read his lines. Bast is a little deeper than I expected too. Then again she is a cat. ( )
  LoftyIslanders | Feb 25, 2014 |

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Conner and Maggie, the Riordan family's great brother-sister team
Carter here.

Excerpt from the dust jacket: "Ever since the gods of ancient Egypt were unleashed in the modern world, Carter Kane and his sister Sadie have been in trouble. As descendants of the House of Life, the Kanes have some powers at their command; but the devious gods haven't given them time to master their skills at Brooklyn House; a training ground for young magicians. And now their most threatening enemy yet - the Chaos snake, Apophis - is rising. If they don't prevent him from breaking free in a few days' time, the world will end. In other words, it's a typical week for the Kane family."

Carter Kane and his sister must prevent the chaos snake Apophis from breaking free in a few days' time or the world will come to an end. To have any chance of battling these Forces of Chaos, the Kanes must revive the sun god Ra.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,456,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible