Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
    Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (Katymelrose)
    Katymelrose: Both series are paranormal romance with strong female protagonists.
    Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn (francescadefreitas)
    Sookie Stackhouse, Books 1-8 by Charlaine Harris (Pigletto)
    Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (shadiphoenix)
    Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur (ToxicMasquerade)
    Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause (pollywannabook)
    pollywannabook: Get inside the head of the only female werewolf. Good writing
    Benighted by Kit Whitfield (AmethystFaerie)
    AmethystFaerie: "Benighted" takes place in a world where humans are the minority, while werewolves are the majority. If you love Kelley Armstrong's Elena, you will love Kit Whitfield's Lola.
    Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (shadiphoenix)
    Stolen by Kelley Armstrong (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Women Of the Otherworld Series Book 2
    Maneater by Thomas Emson (reading_fox)
    reading_fox: A UK werewolf with better characters a better history and better writing.
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (ConciseReviews)
    Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland (Jacey25)
    Jacey25: This is one of the better places to start a journey into urban fantasy and paranormal romance- the series has all kinds of denziens who all feel like real "people".
    Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind (Kcart)

English (218)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All (224)
Pretty late to the party on this one, but it was certainly a fun read. I wouldn't say that urban fantasy was one of my go-to genres, but this series has the potential to change my mind. Kickass heroine, interesting and complicated relationships, drama - definitely a page turner. I'd love to see Elena have the chance to interact with a few more females in upcoming books - I get that she's the only one of her kind, but relationships with other women always round a series out for me. I'll be picking up the next installment! ( )
  NeedMoreShelves | Apr 13, 2017 |
It took me a while but I ended up really liking it. Review to come (I know I keep saying that, and I mean it! And I will! Eventually...) ( )
  veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |
Absolutetly wonderful book. Would recomend to anyone. Book pulls you into an amazing world and can keep you there for hours. Wonderful characters great story line. An absolute must read for YA lovers! ( )
  dmytrukc | Mar 13, 2017 |
Great opening. Fast-paced. Strong, imperfect female werewolf surrounded by equally strong yet flawed males. But I'm just not feeling WOWd! That's likely more to do with my urban fantasy hangover than the book's entertainment value. I mean, obviously; look at its average 4-star rating from nearly 75,000 ratings. Oh well, not sorry I took the few hours to read it, just wish I could've loved it like so many other readers.

3.5 stars ( )
  flying_monkeys | Jan 27, 2017 |
The first book in the women of the otherworld and a fabulous addition to the ever growing Paranormal genre. Being the only female werewolf in existence makes Elena's life extremely hard. Fighting for independence from her pack and trying to fit in with the human world are only some of Elena's challenges.
Kelley Armstrong's writing is what Laurell K Hamilton fans miss about the more recent Anita Blake books. Armstrong does a wonderful job of introducing Elena's life and world to the readers without making the background dull and uninteresting. She is a strong and independent woman who struggles with who she is. You never question who this book is about even with the introduction of several key players in Elena's werewolf world. ( )
  ChristinaT. | Dec 3, 2016 |
To Jeff
For always believing I could
I have to.
"You forget, darling. I am the local psychopath." Clay
This is the first book of the Elena Michaels series from Kelley Armstrong and is NOT a collection of short stories as edited by Susie Bright. Please do not combine the two. Thanks!

Elena Michaels would love to be an ordinary woman and she tries very hard, but she's sure her boyfriend just wouldn't understand about her being a werewolf. She hides her self and lives as a lone-wolf until a former pack member comes calling for her help.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0452286034, Mass Market Paperback)

I've been fighting it all night. I'm going to lose ...Nature wins out. It always does.' Elena Michaels didn't know that her lover Clay was a werewolf until he bit her, changing her life forever. Betrayed and furious, she cannot accept her transformation, and wants nothing to do with her Pack - a charismatic group of fellow werewolves who say they want to help. When a series of brutal murders threatens the Pack - and Clay - Elena is forced to make an impossible choice. Abandon the only people who truly understand her new nature, or help them to save the lover who ruined her life, and who still wants her back at any cost.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:48 -0400)

Elena Michaels is a self-described "mutt," a werewolf who left her secretive pack in upstate New York for a life among humans. In the year since she relocated to Toronto, she's embarked on a career as a journalist and begun a pleasingly mundane relationship with a decent man. All this is jeopardized when she agrees to help her old packmates hunt some troublesome mutts who are converting common criminals to werewolves and leaving a trail of conspicuous carnage. Reunited with her former lycanthrope lover and forced into brutally predatory confrontations, Elena finds the call of the wild subtly reasserting itself.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,788,055 books! | Top bar: Always visible