Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 1) by…

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 1) (edition 2004)

by Kelley Armstrong

Member:onyx95
Title:Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 1)
Authors:Kelley Armstrong
Info:Plume (2004), Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Rating:***
Tags:2010, paranormal romance

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn (francescadefreitas)
    Dead until Dark by Charlaine Harris (Katymelrose)
    Katymelrose: Both series are paranormal romance with strong female protagonists.
    Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (shadiphoenix)
    Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (shadiphoenix)
    Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause (pollywannabook)
    pollywannabook: Get inside the head of the only female werewolf. Good writing
    Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur (ToxicMasquerade)
    Benighted by Kit Whitfield (AmethystFaerie)
    AmethystFaerie: "Benighted" takes place in a world where humans are the minority, while werewolves are the majority. If you love Kelley Armstrong's Elena, you will love Kit Whitfield's Lola.
    Stolen by Kelley Armstrong (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Women Of the Otherworld Series Book 2
    Maneater by Thomas Emson (reading_fox)
    reading_fox: A UK werewolf with better characters a better history and better writing.
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (ConciseReviews)
    Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland (Jacey25)
    Jacey25: This is one of the better places to start a journey into urban fantasy and paranormal romance- the series has all kinds of denziens who all feel like real "people".
    Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind (Kcart)

English (221)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  Hungarian (1)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (227)
I've read this before so rereading it now. I enjoyed how Elena found herself and figures out how she already had everything she wanted and needed to stop running away ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
This novel was one of my favourites as a teen. It has sexy romps in the woods, a studly lead, and a sharp-tongued heroine.

It's just not as gripping as I remember. I made it to 50% and had enough - I wasn't interested in the plot enough to continue. It could be because I've read a fair bit of pnr and urban fantasy since my first read-through, and it began to feel generic. Maybe it was more exciting at the time, because I read it when I was in the midst of my werewolf/vampire/Anita Blake obsession phase.

It was fun to return to that mindset for a few hours. I just didn't feel like staying for longer than that. ( )
  lhofer | Sep 26, 2018 |
I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. Elena was such a riveting character. It's rare that I find a book where I am so drawn in to their personality, that I feel the same emotions as that character. She was strong, witty, and loyal. Throughout the story, she struggled with her dual desires: to live a human life and to fully embrace her werewolf life. I liked her interactions with the others, especially Clay. He was driven to keep her with the Pack, but seemed to learn from his previous mistakes by taking a different approach with her. There were many suspenseful moments as well that was surprisingly pleasant. The outcome to her wants and the danger that the Pack faced was believable and realistic. This was a nice start to this series. ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
It took me a long time to get to the end of this book because there was so much going on the past week. This was an awesome book. It's part romantic, part kick ass chick and kick ass well period. This book has so many different things happen, that it just really made a very enjoyable reading experience. I will most definitely be reading the rest of the books in this series. I really enjoy Kelley Armstrong's writing. It just flows really great together, from event to event. I just REALLY did love it. ( )
  RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
Excellent book well written. I loved Elena and how she was dealing with being a werewolf. I would recommend it ( )
  skgregory | May 25, 2018 |
To Jeff
For always believing I could
I have to.
"You forget, darling. I am the local psychopath." Clay
This is the first book of the Elena Michaels series from Kelley Armstrong and is NOT a collection of short stories as edited by Susie Bright. Please do not combine the two. Thanks!

Elena Michaels would love to be an ordinary woman and she tries very hard, but she's sure her boyfriend just wouldn't understand about her being a werewolf. She hides her self and lives as a lone-wolf until a former pack member comes calling for her help.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0452286034, Mass Market Paperback)

I've been fighting it all night. I'm going to lose ...Nature wins out. It always does.' Elena Michaels didn't know that her lover Clay was a werewolf until he bit her, changing her life forever. Betrayed and furious, she cannot accept her transformation, and wants nothing to do with her Pack - a charismatic group of fellow werewolves who say they want to help. When a series of brutal murders threatens the Pack - and Clay - Elena is forced to make an impossible choice. Abandon the only people who truly understand her new nature, or help them to save the lover who ruined her life, and who still wants her back at any cost.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:48 -0400)

Elena Michaels is a self-described "mutt," a werewolf who left her secretive pack in upstate New York for a life among humans. In the year since she relocated to Toronto, she's embarked on a career as a journalist and begun a pleasingly mundane relationship with a decent man. All this is jeopardized when she agrees to help her old packmates hunt some troublesome mutts who are converting common criminals to werewolves and leaving a trail of conspicuous carnage. Reunited with her former lycanthrope lover and forced into brutally predatory confrontations, Elena finds the call of the wild subtly reasserting itself.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kelley Armstrong's book Bitten was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,348,380 books! | Top bar: Always visible