Bloody Bones (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter) by…

Bloody Bones (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter) (original 1996; edition 2002)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

4,92951929 (3.88)49
Member:pretend2fly
Title:Bloody Bones (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Jove (2002), Paperback
Tags:vampires, werewolves

Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton (1996)

Diana Tregarde Investigates (Children of the Night, Burning Water, & Jinx High) by Mercedes Lackey (LongDogMom)
    LongDogMom: Investigation of supernatural murder mysteries by a practising witch

English (50)  Czech (1)  All (51)
the faire stuff kind of annoyed me. ( )
  themjrawr | Dec 1, 2017 |
Naming her books after place names seems to be a pattern for Ms. Hamilton. Bloody Bones takes the reader outside of St. Louis as Anita Blake, the Vampire Hunter, takes on a job of raising a cemetery of zombies whose graves have been disturbed. Meanwhile, she finds herself a part of the investigation for a series of child murders that may involve a vampire. The goat sacrifice was too graphic for my tastes, but I did enjoy this novel. With each new installment in the series, Ms. Hamilton gives the reader a deeper view into the hearts and minds of her characters. ( )
  LiteraryFeline | Nov 25, 2017 |
When she is called upon to raise an entire cemetery to settle a land dispute, Anita Blake must call on her aspiring paramour vampire, Jean-Claude, for help. I liked this one, though the love triangle continues to feel forced. Mostly I liked learning more about the fantasy elements, like the mechanics involved in raising the dead, the various species of supernatural critters, etc. I'm not impatient to read the next one, but I'll probably continue reading the series. It's entertaining enough. ( )
  melydia | Jul 14, 2017 |
Uno dei migliori capitoli di questa saga, sono tutti belli ma questo... Non ci sono parole per definirlo! Finalmente vediamo un'Anita più 'umana', comincia ad avere dei cedimenti, si vede e si percepisce... perfino dalla sua ammissione a proposito della paura di volare! Inoltre la nostra Risvegliante inizia fare sfoggio dei suoi poteri da Negromante che fino ad allora aveva temuro e, sì, nascosto. Vediamo una giovane donna che inizia a prendere consapevolezza di sè, che non si affida solo alle sue sue amate pistole (anche se sono sempre e comunque onnipresenti XD)
Altro elemento che sinceramente dobbiamo tenere presente è che in questo volume lo scontro fra Jean Cloude e Richard ha inizio, senza esclusione di colpi e sì, ne vedremo decisamente delle belle!
Richard apparirà in modo piuttosto fugace e quindi sarà comunque Jean-Cloude ad essere presente in tutto il racconto dimostrando un lato nuovo di sè stesso, quello più umano (per quanto sia possibile per un vampiro esserlo) ma non soltanto! Qua vediamo finalmente Anita mostrare i suoi reali sentimenti per... Beh, diciamo che finalmente Anita stessa si rende conto che non tutto è bianco o nero.Coinvolgente, intrigante e sì, decisamente sensuale questo libro è a mio avviso uno dei migliori dell'intera saga, per il momento ovviamente! ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
Fantasy Ultralight. If you like Charlaine Harris, you will inevitably compare the work. Ms. Hamilton writes from a very similar mythos. What is lacking is the touch of humor that makes Harris' work enjoyable. ( )
  turtlesleap | Dec 10, 2016 |

Hamilton, Laurell K.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
White, CraigCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In loving memory of my mother, Susie May Gentry Klein. Would that we had had more time. Miss you.
It was St. Patrick's Day, and the only green I was wearing was a button that read, "Pinch me and you're dead meat."

"WHEN THE MONSTERS ARE INVOLVED, IT'S NEVER JUST ONE DEAD BODY. ONE WAY OR ANOTHER THE DEAD MULTIPLY."

First, there were the dead in the graveyard, two-hundred years dead. I'd been hired to raise them to settle a dispute over who owned the land they were buried in. Then there were the three dead teenagers in the woods, slaughtered in a way I had never seen before. And then they found the dead girl, drained of blood and left in her bed. I knew what that meant, all right. It didn't take a degree in preternatural studies to figure out that something was very wrong in and around Branson, Missouri. And I was right in the middle of it. My name is Anita Blake. Welcome to my life...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515134465, Mass Market Paperback)

When Anita Blake's boss at Animators, Inc., informs her that she's expected to raise 300-year-old zombies from a field of jumbled bones just to settle a land dispute, she's understandably annoyed. But as soon as she arrives in Branson, Missouri, to do the deed, the job gets more interesting. A psychotic sword-wielding vampire starts committing multiple murders in the area, and Anita must call on Jean-Claude, her powerful fanged suitor, for help. As always, Anita prevails over the undead, keeping Jean-Claude at arm's length, clearing the cemetery land of an ancient enchantment, and nailing the vampiric killer in one fell swoop.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:59 -0400)

Preternatural expert Anita Blake is hired to raise a couple of two-hundred-year-old corpses to settle a dispute over who owns the land they are buried in, but she runs into trouble when she realizes she has stumbled into the middle of someone else's spell.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,336,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible