Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter…

Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series, Book 5) (original 1996; edition 2008)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:annabell42688
Title:Bloody Bones (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series, Book 5)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Berkley Trade (2008), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Adult, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery

Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton (1996)

Diana Tregarde Investigates (Children of the Night, Burning Water, & Jinx High) by Mercedes Lackey (LongDogMom)
    LongDogMom: Investigation of supernatural murder mysteries by a practising witch

English (52)  Czech (1)  All languages (53)
Old book. I really liked all of the earlier books of this series, of which this is one. But I really don't feel like rereading them so I'm going to let this one go. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Jun 1, 2019 |
This book is amazing!! Each books keeps getting better and better. I like how Anita grows as you get further and further in the series. She's getting more powerful. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
the faire stuff kind of annoyed me. ( )
  themjrawr | Dec 1, 2017 |
Naming her books after place names seems to be a pattern for Ms. Hamilton. Bloody Bones takes the reader outside of St. Louis as Anita Blake, the Vampire Hunter, takes on a job of raising a cemetery of zombies whose graves have been disturbed. Meanwhile, she finds herself a part of the investigation for a series of child murders that may involve a vampire. The goat sacrifice was too graphic for my tastes, but I did enjoy this novel. With each new installment in the series, Ms. Hamilton gives the reader a deeper view into the hearts and minds of her characters. ( )
  LiteraryFeline | Nov 25, 2017 |
When she is called upon to raise an entire cemetery to settle a land dispute, Anita Blake must call on her aspiring paramour vampire, Jean-Claude, for help. I liked this one, though the love triangle continues to feel forced. Mostly I liked learning more about the fantasy elements, like the mechanics involved in raising the dead, the various species of supernatural critters, etc. I'm not impatient to read the next one, but I'll probably continue reading the series. It's entertaining enough. ( )
  melydia | Jul 14, 2017 |

Hamilton, Laurell K.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
White, CraigCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In loving memory of my mother, Susie May Gentry Klein. Would that we had had more time. Miss you.
It was St. Patrick's Day, and the only green I was wearing was a button that read, "Pinch me and you're dead meat."

"WHEN THE MONSTERS ARE INVOLVED, IT'S NEVER JUST ONE DEAD BODY. ONE WAY OR ANOTHER THE DEAD MULTIPLY."

First, there were the dead in the graveyard, two-hundred years dead. I'd been hired to raise them to settle a dispute over who owned the land they were buried in. Then there were the three dead teenagers in the woods, slaughtered in a way I had never seen before. And then they found the dead girl, drained of blood and left in her bed. I knew what that meant, all right. It didn't take a degree in preternatural studies to figure out that something was very wrong in and around Branson, Missouri. And I was right in the middle of it. My name is Anita Blake. Welcome to my life...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515134465, Mass Market Paperback)

When Anita Blake's boss at Animators, Inc., informs her that she's expected to raise 300-year-old zombies from a field of jumbled bones just to settle a land dispute, she's understandably annoyed. But as soon as she arrives in Branson, Missouri, to do the deed, the job gets more interesting. A psychotic sword-wielding vampire starts committing multiple murders in the area, and Anita must call on Jean-Claude, her powerful fanged suitor, for help. As always, Anita prevails over the undead, keeping Jean-Claude at arm's length, clearing the cemetery land of an ancient enchantment, and nailing the vampiric killer in one fell swoop.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:59 -0400)

Preternatural expert Anita Blake is hired to raise a couple of two-hundred-year-old corpses to settle a dispute over who owns the land they are buried in, but she runs into trouble when she realizes she has stumbled into the middle of someone else's spell.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,497,637 books! | Top bar: Always visible