Horoscopes for the Dead: Poems by Billy…

Horoscopes for the Dead: Poems (2011)

by Billy Collins

2041158,111 (4)21

Really enjoyed this collection. Not every poem works for me, so it feels uneven at times, but the good ones more than make up for the bumpy ones. Some amble along not making much of an account for themselves til the very end, where a single idea can win you over. The strongest of them impact you from the beginning and grip til the end. One of our better poets. ( )
  wjmcomposer | Nov 5, 2014 |
  wjmcomposer | Nov 5, 2014 |
Good News and Gold are poems I think my best friend Brian would enjoy.. I adore "A Question About Birds" as I myself have often wondered the same.
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |
Love Collins, but I did prefer his SAILING ALONE AROUND THE ROOM to this one. He (at least, for me) did not come alive until part 3 of the book, which had tremendous lines and words and images. ( )
  DonnaMarieMerritt | Aug 11, 2013 |
I'm not usually much of a poetry reader but I enjoyed Horoscopes for the Dead. The poems seemed more accessable than most. ( )
  RebaRelishesReading | Sep 29, 2012 |

In this new collection, "America's most popular poet" covers the everlasting themes of love and loss, life and death, youth and aging, solitude and union.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,995,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible