In the Garden of Temptation (The Garden…

In the Garden of Temptation (The Garden Series Book 1)

by Cynthia Wicklund

I actually liked this historical romance A LOT. It is really hard to write this review without any spoilers because the trouble with the story is you really have to read it to figure out the many twists involved. I loved Catherine, Adam, and even Edgar. The plot was crazy but believable especially when you learn the WHY's involved. I am not normally big on historical romance but, if you want a quick, quirky, and fun read this book is for you! ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
Lady Catherine can't understand why her husband of 7 years insists on dressing her up like a trollop when he has visitors coming. But on one occasion she meets the Earl of Ashworth, and they become romantically involved.

The reasoning for her husband's behavior and the subsequent events are an interesting tale of Regency romance. ( )
  cyderry | Mar 18, 2015 |
This historical romance is worth the read. Read this well written novel in one setting. ( )
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |
I found this story an enjoyably intriguing read because of the adultery theme. In the majority of period stories I've read, the couple don't consummate their relationship until the inconvenient spouse is out of the way. I just had to keep reading to find out how this would be resolved. I didn't think the relationship particulary romantic and at times I had more sympathy for the "bad" Baron. He was obviously tormented by some dark secret and at times Catherine came across as cold and unfeeling ( )
  SaraAnn05 | Aug 28, 2013 |
I would rate this book at 3.5 stars. It started out well and lulled somewhere in the middle. I gave up on it for a day and a half, as I was bored with the drawn out plot. However, I picked it back up refreshed and continued to read on. It did pick up steam after a short while. It has an interesting plot and a secret revealed, at the end, that was completely unexpected. I enjoyed it and am happy I finished.

It was nice to read about a love soooo strong that the cost of being outcast and disowned didn't matter without the one who holds the heart. ( )
  Sunflower38 | Apr 11, 2013 |

Adam Stanford always does the right thing, but when he meets Catherine Bourgeault honor and gentlemanly conduct are forgotten. He'll risk his reputation and all he holds dear to possess this amazing woman. However, what seems like a straightforward effort to purloin another man's wife is fraught with deceit and the dark secrets of a demented man who'll do anything to save his empty marriage.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,847,525 books! | Top bar: Always visible