Slices by Michael Montoure

Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2010), Paperback, 206 pages
Collections:Your library, E-Book, ER/ARC, Collection of Works, Fiction
Rating:****1/2

Slices by Michael Montoure

A wonderful dark, twisted, and sinister collection that is disturbing in all the right ways. This book will have you cringing and flipping pages like never before. Michael Montoure has written a great collection of creepy stories that are perfect for Halloween, or any other spooky occasion. All the stories are short enough for anyone to read while waiting at the doctors office, or on your lunch break and I highly recommend that you do! I give this book 5/5. ( )
  lizasarusrex | Aug 8, 2013 |
This is one of the best short story collections I have read in a while. Most of the stories were fresh ideas told from new viewpoints. All dark, creepy and horrific. Some were more subtle than others but they all worked.

Recommended for those who enjoy King and Poe. ( )
  Spiceca | Dec 17, 2012 |
Got this one through Member Giveaways. I thoroughly enjoyed this collection! Several of the stories reminded me of great classic 'Twilight Zone' episodes. I also particularly liked Daddy's Girls and The Notebook. A couple stories dealt with the Fae in interesting ways. I will certainly be looking for more from this author. Highly Recommended! ( )
  jldarden | Sep 4, 2012 |
I wasn't sure when I first started reading the book how well the stories were going to be in the novel, but I enjoyed reading them. I enjoyed the different point-of-views in each story and the differences in each one. Some of these are a bit dark but it was worth getting through it. ( )
  JessieRose | Jul 4, 2012 |
A great collection of short stories that raise the hair on the back of your neck. Warning do not ead this book at night when you are home alone. I am not the greatest fan of short stories only because you just get into the story and it ends. I would love to see some of these stories expanded into a full novel ( )
  chowchow | Jul 3, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 145387027X, Paperback)

An imagined disease spreads across a city. A fading horror movie star crafts his replacement. Two thieves wait for rescue at the end of the world. Human monsters are put to their final tests. Time stands still in fairy circles, loops in on itself for a runaway child, and can be rewritten in the pages of a book. Fifteen unforgettable stories to be read in the dark from dark urban fantasy author Michael Montoure.

" ... Montoure's spare, striking prose outlines characters in deliciously twisted predicaments .... " -- Seattle Weekly

Stories include: COLD SEASON - His mother had always been a hypochondriac, but now a city has fallen ill with her ONE LAST SUNSET - She wanted a vampire to promise her immortality, but it's nothing like it seems REMAKE - A horror movie idol confronts the man who will play his most famous role REST AREAS - A deadline, a suitcase full of cash, a stolen car -- and something in the trunkDADDY'S GIRLS - Children will come when the time is right, and not before LIFE STORY - When the pages of your life are laid out before you, what changes can you make?ONLY MONSTERS - A young boy, an old woman, and tales of the most frightening monster of allLULLABY FOR TWO VOICES - Her perfect child, or his dark twin -- one will be reclaimedORPHEUS - The worst part of Hell is not knowing you're there WATCH THE COIN - A secret pact, a successful heist, and a fairy circle LOST BOY - A young boy runs away to a fairytale woods, only to find he's not alone PUPPETS - The man who bought the doll from him will ruin his career, if he can't find it before it kills again THE THIRTEENTH BOY - All the papers say the man behind the serial murders is a monster, but the monsters think otherwise COUNTERCLOCKWISE - An imaginary time machine, a tragic childhood secret; a man who can see into "dead time" sees a chance to make things right

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:14 -0400)

Michael Montoure is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,510,283 books! | Top bar: Always visible