Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst

Drink, Slay, Love (edition 2011)

by Sarah Beth Durst

Member:readingdate
Title:Drink, Slay, Love
Authors:Sarah Beth Durst
Info:Margaret K. McElderry (2011), Hardcover, 400 pages
Tags:to-read

Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst

English (30)  Italian (1)  All languages (31)
I enjoyed this book to no end. I wish it were a series, because I would love to see more of these characters. I love the disparity between the humans & vampires & how Pearl interacts with humans when she first starts her "mission." She is so blunt & matter-of-fact, something not often seen in likeable characters. The humorous aspect makes the book that much more entertaining. I am looking forward to reading more from this author. ( )
  Kelly_Mills | Dec 12, 2014 |
This was a joy to read! Pearl’s such a great character and she made the book entertaining. I loved her wit, it provided for the majority of the comedy parts in the plot. Her sarcasm and her attempt to try and fit into school life was absolutely hilarious.

The vampires in this book are well done as well. They’re bloodthirsty and ambitious. Just the way I like them! no sparkly ones here! The scheme to get Pearl into high school so she can lure the food to feed her fellow vampires was well done (plus Jadrien is quite the hottie!)

Although the plot was pretty good, there were parts that are predictable and cliched. However because of Pearl and her personality (which pretty much is the highlight of the book) it can be overlooked. You pretty much figure out who the unicorn is, and Pearl’s choice on who she decides to be with isn’t a bad choice (although, I’d rather prefer the bad guy, he was your stereotypical bad boy, but you couldn’t help but fall for him.)

Definitely recommended for YA lovers. Read it for Pearl! she’s one of the best protagonists you would ever find. ( )
  sensitivemuse | Oct 21, 2014 |
“You’ll never make it through life if you let
irrational fears freeze you all the time.”

Brief summary:

Pearl Sange is just an ordinary vampire who takes a sip of blood from humans here and there. One day, she was attacked by a unicorn and it's horn staked her ribs! Now, she finds herself being able to bathe in sunlight! But something more than that changed about her and she's finding out if it's a good thing or not..

The plot:

Ahhh this story was so unique and refreshing. The humor was not forced and it just flowed naturally. Gaah, I find myself giggling and snickering every freaking time. I'm shocked to see that I am entertained by a vampire book very much! I can't tell you guys enough how much I enjoyed reading this!

The characters:

“You’re a teenage boy. I have boobs. What part of the equation is missing?”

Pearl. Ahhh I love this heroine!.She's fun and feisty without being too girly. Look at that quote above, now do you see why I liked her?? Well, I don't think you do just by reading that so read the friggin' book!

Evan touched her shoulder. "Maybe it's not that there's something wrong with you," he said. "Maybe there's something finally right."

Evan. I KNEW IT. Anyway, it's not that hard to guess, really.

This was one of those books that you can't help but liked everybody! All these characters had contributed something interesting in this story. I loved the Sange clan, Matt and Zeke, Bethany and really, just all of them.

The romance:

There's only a little amount of romance in this book and I liked it! It's light, sweet and adorable.

This was so much fun! (Well, I knew I told you that already bit whatever.) I recommend this to anyone who is in need of a good laugh. This is the perfect stress reliever. Gaaah book, you came at the right time. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
“You’ll never make it through life if you let
irrational fears freeze you all the time.”

Brief summary:

The plot:

The characters:

“You’re a teenage boy. I have boobs. What part of the equation is missing?”

Evan. I KNEW IT. Anyway, it's not that hard to guess, really.

The romance:

margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
I actually have a signed copy of this book, bought by pure chance whilst in New York 2 years ago. Still haven't read it - the shame! :(
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |

After sixteen-year-old vampire Pearl Sange is stabbed through the heart by a were-unicorn, she develops non-vampire-like traits that lead her to save her high school classmates from the Vampire King of New England.

Sarah Beth Durst is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,325,088 books! | Top bar: Always visible