Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake, Vampire…

Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Book 7) (edition 2002)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Title:Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Book 7)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Jove (2002), Paperback, 400 pages
Tags:Vampires Are People Too!

Burnt Offerings by Laurell K. Hamilton

English (42)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (44)
The plot was a bit tiring in parts, like Richard's constant bitchiness and attitude for example. We get it. Dude's pissed. Okay. Enough. And the constant games of cat and mouse with the vampires gets re-hashed over and over, but that's probably normal. I did enjoy learning a lot more of the power of a triumvirate and the power of the lukoi. And despite taking a while to get anywhere, the book redeemed itself in the last 50 pages or so.

As with a lot of her books lately, while they may not start off or be so great in the middle, by the time I finished and put the book down I was pleased. No regrets. ( )
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |
Anita is hired by Captain Pete McKinnon of the Fire Department to investigate a series of unusual fires. He had been referred to Anita by Sergeant Rudolph Storr, leader of RPIT (Regional Preternatural Investigation Team). McKinnon thinks these fires have all the signs of a firebug, a pyrokinetic arsonist. He had previously encountered such a psychic talent and does not want to repeat those experiences. This novel is full of action and violence. It does not have as much sex as other books in the series, but it does have plenty of sexual innuendo. It does not disappoint the reader. Highly recommended for Hamilton fans and for anyone else who enjoys tales of preternatural creatures, violent activities, and a touch of lust. Enjoy! ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Loved it, as always!! Action packed from beginning till end. I love that there is always something that I just don't see coming in this series. There is always so much going on that you can't predict it all! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
I hate the Council. They're useless. This book was kind of a strange one for me, as things happened, but there really didn't seem to be any kind of solid plot. But Nathaniel is introduced, and that's a huge plus. I adore him. ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
This book is full of fire! Haha, as well as that may be I don't only mean flames, but passion and anger too. Nathaniel enters the series in this book and I can't help but be pleased because he is my favorite character in the series. In this book Anita has problems that she slowly begins to realize she can fix or at least try to; the vampire council has come to town, a pyromaniac is setting fires, and the wereleopards need a leader, not to mention that Richard is still spitting mad. What more could our expert vampire hunter and lupa ask for? ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
For my grandmother, Laura Gentry, who at 4' 11" taught me that you could be small, female, and still be tough.
Most people don't stare at the scars.

That's what I've always said. That's what I've always believed. But now I'm the one sharing a bed with the Master Vampire of the City. Me, Anita Blake. The woman the vampires call the Executioner. From part of the solution, I've become part of the problem. So it hits close to home when an arsonist begins to target vampire-owned businesses all over town--an arsonist who seems to want to destroy more than just property. It's the monsters who are in danger now.

And it's up to the Executioner to save them from the inferno...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515134473, Mass Market Paperback)

Burnt Offerings is the seventh in Laurell K. Hamilton's genre-straddling Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series. Anita carries a gun and an attitude: "Questions are great, but only if you know the answers. If you ask questions and the answers surprise you, you look silly. Hard to be threatening when you look ill-informed."

As Burnt Offerings unfolds, Anita agrees to help track down a possible psychic firestarter. She's also policing the local werewolf pack, though she's split up with their alpha, Richard. Then Jean-Claude, the vampire Master of the City and her lover, needs her help to confront a visiting delegation of the vampires' ruling council. They wonder how he got the power to destroy a council member and believe him dangerous to the hierarchy.

This fast-paced, urban fantasy includes gore, hardboiled mystery and a romantic triangle. The vampires and werewolves are as three-dimensional as the human characters, allowing us to join Anita in wondering who the real monsters are and to understand how her increased personal involvement with them is alienating her from her human colleagues. --Nona Vero

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:34 -0400)

Vampire hunter Anita Blake winds up trying to save the very monsters she has sworn to destroy when an arsonist begins terrorizing the city's undead.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,707,797 books! | Top bar: Always visible