Follow Me by Tricia Tusa

Info:Harcourt Children's Books (2011), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:@CCPL
Tags:picture book, read 11/2012

Follow Me by Tricia Tusa

I do love Tusa's illustrations. And this is just right for my 10yo poet! I appreciated it more after I had her read it to me. And I love it for capturing the sensation that after you jump off a swing in midair, you are airborne FOREVER. ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
Lovely story of daydreaming and imagination. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
This books is about a little girls imagination of all the colors that are surrounding her when she is swinging on a tree. This book could be used for a classroom for students learning their colors and how to explore their imagination. ( )
  kathryn123 | Sep 6, 2012 |
Well I defy you to read this and not want to head to the nearest playground for your turn on the swings. A beautiful celebration of imagination! ( )
  alyson | Aug 23, 2012 |
This picture book - narrated by a girl swinging through the air - is gorgeously colored. Pinks, blues, oranges browns - the colors are soft yet saturated and it's a lovely meandering walk through those and many other colors. Not many words - could be a fun Storytime read for colors week - make this a quick read aloud, and there was a page whose colors didn't seem (to me) to match the narration, but overall, this was just beautiful.

Recommended. ( )
  kayceel | Feb 8, 2012 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0547272014, Hardcover)

Swing high into the sky and explore a world full of earthy and elegant colors with the girl in this story as she experiences nature with a twist of her imagination. After she’s ventured far away, she floats gently back down and heads home, where her mother is waiting.
Tricia Tusa’s lyrical story and rich, sweeping art create a stylish swirl of charm and adventure, perfect for anyone who’s ever sat on a swing and daydreamed.

Sketches from the Author
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

Thumbnail sketches help me to figure out the pacing of a book, and show the book in its entirety revealing how it works as a whole. They make clear the amount of variety from page to page.
Sketches from the dummy are drawn fairly quickly so that I achieve the spontaneity I want. This allows for me to get out of my own way.

I draw with my favorite pencil on tracing paper. I then Xerox these drawings, taping them together into a dummy. This is what I send to the editor.

I really wanted this book to have a very imperfect, hand-done quality. So, I decided to use an etching process.
I etched the linework into a plate, rubbing inks into the line. I then rolled the plate and paper through a press.
With this book, I wanted to convey, with as few words as possible, the feeling of connection to self--where all senses are fully engaged.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:13 -0400)

A girl travels through an imaginative world of colors by way of a swing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,442,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible