Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner

Snowmen at Night (original 2002; edition 2002)

by Caralyn Buehner (Author), Mark Buehner (Illustrator)

Series: Snowmen (1)

Member:shelli417
Title:Snowmen at Night
Authors:Caralyn Buehner (Author)
Other authors:Mark Buehner (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic (2002), 32 pages

Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner (2002)

Every year I enjoy reading these books with my class. The illustrations are so detailed, with the use of color depicting certain times of night, and how everything is lit up, using shading of colors like yellows and orange. It gets the students excited for winter, and also paved the way for writing about other imaginable characters points of view. ( )
  iversonh | Jul 13, 2018 |
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 4, 2018 |
There are three reasons why I did not like this book. First, I did not like how the book was not very long and did not have many words on each page. For example, each page was only a short paragraph with the focus on the pictures rather than the words. Second, I did not like how some of the words on the page was not in a straight line of words, or in paragraph format. Instead some phrases were sideways. For example, the page represented the snowmen sledding down the hill, therefore, the line of words was in a formation of the words going down the hill. I just found it harder to read for some children that may have a challenging time reading. Third, I did not like how, although the story was from a kid’s imagination, the story never showed children the real reason why snowmen look different in the morning compared to when you make them. For example, the kid imagines that snowmen drink hot cocoa and go sledding at night, instead of melting away throughout the night. The big idea of this story was showing what children might think that snowmen do at night to end up all melty in the morning. ( )
  Asterl1 | Feb 15, 2018 |
When he finds his snowman somewhat melted one morning, a young boy wonders what the snowy figure might have gotten up to the night before, imagining a series of exciting events, from a trip to the park to a sports competition involving all of the snowman's friends. The snowmen enjoy themselves immensely in this imaginary scenario, something which offers potential comfort to the children who observe their deteriorated condition the next day...

The first of a series of picture-books from author/illustrator team Caralyn and Mark Buehner about the doings of those popular snow figures, Snowmen at Night pairs an entertaining imaginary tale told in rhyme with bright, colorful artwork. The book would make an excellent read-aloud at story time - especially in the winter! - while the artwork provides a more interactive experience, in which children can search for the hidden images in the illustrations. For my part, I found a lot of Santas in the snow! Recommended to all young children who loves snowmen, and wonder what they get up to at night, as well as to those looking for rhyming picture-books with a wintry theme. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Dec 28, 2017 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Aug 23, 2017 |

Caralyn Buehnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Buehner, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blane, MeganNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Jay and Kris, our surreptitious snowman shifters
One wintry day I made a snowman,
very round and tall.

Have you ever built a snowman and discovered the next day that his grin has gotten a little crooked, or his tree-branch arms have moved? And you've wondered . . . what do snowmen do at night? This delightful wintertime tale reveals all! Caralyn Buehner's witty, imaginative verse offers many amusing details about the secret life of snowmen and where they go at night, while Mark Buehner's roly-poly snowmen are bursting with personality and charm. From the highly successful team that created such winning titles as Fanny's Dream, Snowmen at Night is fabulous, frosty, and fun!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:03 -0400)

Snowmen play games at night when no one is watching.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,560,648 books! | Top bar: Always visible