Avengers, Vol. 1 by Brian Michael Bendis

Avengers, Vol. 1 (edition 2011)

by Brian Michael Bendis (Author), John Romita Jr. (Illustrator)

Member:angellreads
Title:Avengers, Vol. 1
Authors:Brian Michael Bendis (Author)
Other authors:John Romita Jr. (Illustrator)
Info:Marvel (2011), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 112 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:avengers, marvel, collected comics, graphic novel

Avengers, Vol. 1 by Brian Michael Bendis

A time-travel story involving the latest set of Avengers fighting to save the entire time stream (or rather, some of them go to tell someone else to do something to save the time stream). Some good scenes, especially their future and children, but a weaker story arc. ( )
  teknognome | Nov 14, 2016 |
*Book source ~ Library

Kang the Conqueror has traveled from the future to beg the Avengers to go to the future and stop their children from screwing up Earth. As in big time capital A-pocalypse, screw it up. The Avengers are all like, what?! Kids?! What kids?! Anyway, the timeline is all jacked up and things from the past are coming forward and destroying shit in the present timeline. So, the Avengers Assemble, a small team, and go to the future to smack the shit out of their kids while the rest of them stay back to handle timeline clean up duty. But surprise! No, I’m not saying what the surprise is. You gotta read it to see.

Anyway, I’m not a fan of time travel. It hurts my head. Also, this is the 1st Avenger graphic novel I’ve ever read, so I’m a little out of the loop on bad guys both past and present. A bit lost there. Other than that, I love the dialogue and the artwork is fantastic. I wouldn’t be averse to picking up more of this series. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Oct 29, 2016 |
Wow, I really enjoyed it!! I'm generally not a huge superhero comic fan; however this was an excellent read. I'd love to continue the series. It even made me LOL a few times! ( )
  Diamond.Dee. | Jul 3, 2015 |
First ever graphic novel (aside from manga, book to graphic novel adaptation, or archie comics). Not sure if I enjoyed the medium the story came in, or the story itself wasn't as grabbing. The ending left on a pretty high note though. ( )
  bubblyair | Dec 31, 2014 |
Here's a brain twister, how many times can Marvel restart The Avengers? Maybe three times to the fourth power of the number of times DC can restart the JLA (or for that matter their entire universe?)

So, the Avengers try to get back together again. They're brought together by Steve Rogers sans the Captain America gear and Maria Hill, but soon after that they get told the Avengers' kids are going to ruin the world. Not the greatest start to a new team. Good thing they're the Avengers. ( )
  DanieXJ | Oct 24, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078514501X, Paperback)

There came a day! A day unlike any other...when two of Marvel's top creators teamed up for the very first time to create a bombastic new Marvel series that not only ushers in the Heroic Age of Marvel Comics but unleashes onto the world the most blockbuster Avengers team ever! Who will answer the call? And will they assemble just in time...because Kang the Conqueror is here from the future. And wait till you find out why...!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:13 -0400)

After hearing a warning about the children of the Avengers from Kang, who has returned from the future, Captain Steve Rogers assembles a team of the Avengers to deal with the threat, including Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, and Spider-Woman.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,665,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible