Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Olympians: Hera: The Goddess and her Glory…

Olympians: Hera: The Goddess and her Glory (edition 2011)

by George O'Connor (Author)

Series: Olympians (03)

Introduces Hera, Zeus's wife and goddess of air, sky, and the heavens, and the only thing Zeus is afraid of.
Member:kwest27
Title:Olympians: Hera: The Goddess and her Glory
Authors:George O'Connor (Author)
Info:First Second (2011), Edition: Olympians, 80 pages

Hera: The Goddess and her Glory (Olympians) by George O'Connor

Greek myth comes to life in this beautiful graphic novel. By keeping the storyline simple, the complexities of this ancient heroine become clear. ( )
  JoanAxthelm | Aug 4, 2017 |
This volume tells the story of Hera's marriage to Zues, the story of Hera and Heracles and a brief explanation of how Hera embodies the the stages of women hood, which I found really interesting b/c it kind of allows you to trace Hera down through other religions.

Hera was always one of my least favorite goddesses mainly b/c I have always heard the negative take on her tale. The one where she is basically a terror to Heracles. I really like this version of events b/c to me it makes more sense for a goddess of home and hearth to not be petty and jealous. See my reviews of previous books in the series to hear me go on and on about the wonderful notes.

I will say that I really liked how panels from previous graphic novels reappeared from other perspectives. I love that this entire series is coming together as one large cohesive unit.

I like this volume just as much as I liked other volumes. Insert happy sigh here. Can't wait for the next volume on Hades. ( )

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,480,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible