Being Billy by Phil Earle

Being Billy

by Phil Earle

Billy Finn has spent eight years in a care home. And he's angry - with the system, the social workers, and the mother that gave him away. His little brother and sister keep him going, though they can't keep him out of trouble. This novel is about bad behaviour in a harsh setting but is not without hope. ( )
  storyLines | Jan 5, 2014 |
[b:Being Billy|8624532|Being Billy|Phil Earle|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51cqiIR0g2L._SL75_.jpg|13495240] was so much better than I expected it to be! I found the description to be only vaguely intriguing and certainly nothing original at all. I didn't expect it to be so engaging and unique! I thought Billy was an excellently developed character and had no problems empathizing with him and his whole situation. While Billy is certainly not perfect, he's still a good person who has just been through a lot. I loved his relationship with his little siblings and I loved that he wasn't afraid to admit that he was wrong sometimes. Billy certainly grew as a character throughout the whole book and I was very satisfied with the ending. It wasn't amazing but it was well written, interesting and kept my attention until the very last page. ( )
  nicola26 | Mar 30, 2013 |

Faces flashed before my eyes. And for every face there was a time that they had let me down. Each punch that landed was revenge, my chance to tell them I hadn't forgotten what they did. Eight years in a care home makes Billy Finn a professional lifer. And Billy's angry - with the system, the social workers, and the mother that gave him away. As far as Billy's concerned, he's on his own. His little brother and sister keep him going, though they can't keep him out of trouble. But he isn't being difficult on purpose. Billy's just being Billy. He can't be anything else. Can he?… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,385,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible