Plugged by Eoin Colfer

Plugged

by Eoin Colfer

Series: Daniel McEvoy (1)

This is a remarkably believable, engaging madcap adventure of a story. I feel like I know each and every one of the characters. It's pure genius that made this ridiculous story come together into a cohesive, touching whole. ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
Daniel McEvoy is an Irishman working as a bouncer at a sleazy NJ casino, when his love interest is found murdered in the parking lot. The novel features a level of quirkiness and humor that keeps the plot moving. If not credible, at least it's highly entertaining! ( )
  Tanya-dogearedcopy | Aug 21, 2016 |
kinda funny ( )
  mgriel | Jan 18, 2016 |
Not much for crime/detective type novels, I still found myself enjoying this book quite a bit. I read it over an extended time - I kept it in the car and read whenever my wife had to run into a store for something. Even so, it was easy to pick up where I left off. The characters all were painted vividly, making them easy to remember and the protagonist was great. Seems like it's ready-made to be a Jason Statham movie. ( )
  Sean191 | Aug 19, 2015 |
Picked this up because of the Artemis Fowl series which I had liked.
Like I marked - it was okay.

Beginning was very slow and dragging. Picked up speed and kept things interesting towards the end. ( )
  maheswaranm | Mar 20, 2014 |
The plot is familiar enough if you're accustomed to noir, but where Colfer excels is in his carefully constructed characters. .. Think Coen brothers, where the colorful and unpredictable characters become the most memorable and noteworthy elements of the story.
added by WeeklyAlibi | editWeekly Alibi, Adam Fox (Dec 1, 2011)

Colfer, EoinAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Keating, JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
With thanks to Declan Denny for his invaluable attention to my details.
The great Stephen King once wrote don't sweat the small stuff, which I mulled over for long enough to realise that I don't entirely agree with it.

When his girlfriend and several people close to him are murdered, Daniel McEvoy finds himself targeted by the New Jersey mafia, corrupt cops, and an eccentric neighbor and searches for a hair-plug technician who may hold crucial answers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,558,310 books! | Top bar: Always visible