Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Love Story (edition 2011)

by Jennifer Echols

1983659,376 (3.66)7
Member:TheReaderBee
Title:Love Story
Authors:Jennifer Echols
Info:MTV (2011), Edition: Original, Paperback, 256 pages
Collections:Read

Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Erin is an aspiring writer. Specifically, she's an aspiring romance novelist. In her freshman creative writing seminar, Erin writes a saucy tale based a little bit on true life. Little does she know her "stable boy" is about to come crash her class and shake things up in a major way. Erin soon finds herself caught up in a contest of wills with Hunter, and the war is being fought through their stories.

I actually found this book to be very fun. The characters were all enjoyable, and the book reads super fast. Using Erin's and Hunter's stories to progress the plot was interesting. It's easy to sympathize with Erin, who's desire to follow her heart and write has put her at odds with her grandmother. Erin's grandmother desperately wants Erin to take over the family horse farm one day, and expects her to major in business to do so. This sets up a bit of an awkward relationship between Erin and Hunter, her grandmother's new chosen heir. Although it's fairly easy to see where the story is going, it's still enjoyable...until the end

Oh the end. It was so abrupt. I was totally into this story, and then BOOM. The end. I found myself flipping back to make sure I hadn't missed anything. It almost felt like the author reached an arbitrary page or word limit and just stopped the story. I felt vastly unsatisfied after having thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the book. I still think this book is worth a read, but just be prepared for a sudden end.

Galley provided by publisher for review. ( )
  l_manning | Sep 22, 2014 |
This was a good book. I liked how the main character is majoring in creative writing because I'm a writer too. This book wasn't as good as I thought it was gonna be though. ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
I did not like this book. Bratty characters, and a frankly weird setup. I will say this, she's a good writer... though reading the deliberately-student written stories was painful, it seemed accurate to a freshman English composition class. So that was believable at least. I have my doubts about the larger narrative.
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |
  PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |
  PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |
Captain Vanderslice was something of an ass.

A rival for her grandmother's inheritance arrives in college freshman Erin's creative writing class, unaware that he plays the main character in one of her steamy short stories.

Jennifer Echols is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,379,551 books! | Top bar: Always visible