Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me by…

Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me

by Chelsea's Family Friends and Other Victims

Other authors: Chelsea Handler (Introduction)

Read from June 27 to 29, 2011

No surprise, but Chelsea's friends are also funny...and the lies she tells are hysterical! I'm surprised her friends/family believes ANYTHING she says, but I'd take her crap too if it meant I got to go to the Bahamas or Mexico or anywhere and drink vodka with Chelsea. Love her. ( )
  melissarochelle | Apr 10, 2013 |
I love Chelsea Handler. She is one of the funniest authors I've ever had the pleasure to read. Unfortunately, this book was written by her friends, and not Chelsea Handler, so it wasn't nearly as funny. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it's not non-stop, laugh out loud like her own books. I think what really killed it for me was the repeated stories. If you've read any of her other books you'll have to read some of the same stories here.

This is a book that I wouldn't warn people against reading, but I wouldn't urge them to either. ( )
  Abigayl | Jan 2, 2013 |
We all know that Chelsea Handler is a compulsive liar with delirious of big boobs. Why write her lies when she could have written much better herself? Seriously, everybody wants to make money with a book now?Don't waste your time reading it. I gave it two stars because Chelsea wrote the intro and she's on the cover. ( )
  lectus | Jul 14, 2012 |
While it is not exactly an enormous feat to read all of Chelsea's books, I feel as if I have come to know her over the years through her essays and memoirs. When this book came out, I was a bit leery. Though it's about Chelsea (who is almost always funny), it wasn't written by her and therefore I was suspect. Still, I had read all of her previous books and was in a serious Handler drought so I decided to take a chance. I was disappointed. While I chuckled a few times and smiled every couple of chapters, it lacked the side-splitting milk-coming-out-of-your-nose kind of laughter.

Basically this book is a collection of essays written by Chelsea's family, friends, and writers about the pranks that Chelsea has pulled on them ranging from attempting to ruin a co-workers honeymoon to trying to get her brother to sleep with one of her staff. Some of the essays are funny but it's really hit or miss. Interestingly, I found the sections written by her comedic writers to be the least funny and those written by her family made me giggle. Still, I think these essays made her come off as sounding mean and ungrateful. While I have a suspicion that this isn't true, it did taint my view of her a little bit.

For fans of Chelsea, I think you might find some interest in this book. But I will spend my time re-reading "Are you there vodka" instead.

www.iamliteraryaddicted.blogspot.com ( )
2 vote sorell | Jul 30, 2011 |
Though this book is entertaining to read, it’s not nearly as funny as the books written by Chelsea herself. After reading this book, I understand fully why these are the people Chelsea chooses as her victims. Instead of reading this book, I’d give ‘My Horizontal Life’ another read!” - Kaitlyn Spahr (7/27/11) ( )
  RoeschLeisure | Jul 27, 2011 |

Chelsea's Family Friends and Other Victimsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Handler, ChelseaIntroductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"My tendency to make up stories and lie compulsively for the sake of my own amusement takes up a good portion of my day and provides me with a peace of mind not easily attainable in this economic climate."--Chelsea Handler, from Chapter 10 of Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

It's no lie: Chelsea Handler loves to smoke out "dumbassness," the condition people suffer from that allows them to fall prey to her brand of complete and utter nonsense. Friends, family, co-workers--they've all been tricked by Chelsea into believing stories of total foolishness and into behaving like total fools. Luckily, they've lived to tell the tales and, for the very first time, write about them.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:09 -0400)

The friends, family, and co-workers of the late-night talk show host on the E! network describe how they have all been tricked by her into believing tales of utter nonsense and behaving like total fools.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,510,114 books! | Top bar: Always visible