Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me by…

Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me (2011)

by Chelsea's Family Friends and Other Victims

Other authors: Chelsea Handler (Introduction)

321934,553 (3.39)2

Ah I needed a good funny book to read and this did not disappoint. I have no idea who Chelsea Handler is nor have I watched her show. One of my friends told me to read her books and I started with this one. Wow. Really funny pranks she pulls with her staff, friends and family. Some of the staff have their own personal problems and she just thrives on it and makes up lies to let them go nuts. Kudos!

For the rest of the book review, visit my blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/92438.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Jul 5, 2015 |
Probably not the first book of hers that I should have read. I found it interesting, but I think she would be someone who would be hard to be a friend with, if these stories are true. I found the book to be funny and why i gave it the 3 stars. ( )
  foof2you | Jun 3, 2015 |
Listened to this while driving from Minnesota to Chicago. This is a compilation of multiple people from Chelsea Handler's life writing about the practical jokes she plays on them. The bad part is that it is also read by the people who wrote each chapter. Some of the people reading their chapter were really great, others were awful or just plain annoying.

Aside from the actual readings, I didn't really enjoy the book. It was like listening to Punk'd but without Ashton Kutcher. Just couldn't get into listening to other people's stories of moments of panic or humiliation. If you like shows like Punk'd or Jackass maybe you'd get into this book. But if you're not a huge fan of practical jokes then stay away from this read. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
This wasn't really as good as her other audiobooks. Family and friends read for it, and some were extremely boring to listen to. The dog had a chapter, which was... boring. Then there was a chapter where all it was, was someone reading off emails that the producers sent asking them to bleep out foul language etc. from tapings of the shows. It got old. The stories were not that funny. It was a relief to be done so I could move on to something better. ( )
  recipe_addict | Sep 21, 2014 |
Read from June 27 to 29, 2011

No surprise, but Chelsea's friends are also funny...and the lies she tells are hysterical! I'm surprised her friends/family believes ANYTHING she says, but I'd take her crap too if it meant I got to go to the Bahamas or Mexico or anywhere and drink vodka with Chelsea. Love her. ( )
  melissarochelle | Apr 10, 2013 |

Chelsea's Family Friends and Other Victimsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Handler, ChelseaIntroductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"My tendency to make up stories and lie compulsively for the sake of my own amusement takes up a good portion of my day and provides me with a peace of mind not easily attainable in this economic climate."--Chelsea Handler, from Chapter 10 of Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

It's no lie: Chelsea Handler loves to smoke out "dumbassness," the condition people suffer from that allows them to fall prey to her brand of complete and utter nonsense. Friends, family, co-workers--they've all been tricked by Chelsea into believing stories of total foolishness and into behaving like total fools. Luckily, they've lived to tell the tales and, for the very first time, write about them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:45 -0400)

The friends, family, and co-workers of the late-night talk show host on the E! network describe how they have all been tricked by her into believing tales of utter nonsense and behaving like total fools.

175 wanted1 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,701,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible