Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me by…

Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me (2011)

by Chelsea's Family Friends and Other Victims

Other authors: Chelsea Handler (Introduction)

Recently added byEmilyAT, private library, foreverreading, Book_Minx, Melissa_Ryan, jennifer.zampedri

Listened to this while driving from Minnesota to Chicago. This is a compilation of multiple people from Chelsea Handler's life writing about the practical jokes she plays on them. The bad part is that it is also read by the people who wrote each chapter. Some of the people reading their chapter were really great, others were awful or just plain annoying.

Aside from the actual readings, I didn't really enjoy the book. It was like listening to Punk'd but without Ashton Kutcher. Just couldn't get into listening to other people's stories of moments of panic or humiliation. If you like shows like Punk'd or Jackass maybe you'd get into this book. But if you're not a huge fan of practical jokes then stay away from this read. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
This wasn't really as good as her other audiobooks. Family and friends read for it, and some were extremely boring to listen to. The dog had a chapter, which was... boring. Then there was a chapter where all it was, was someone reading off emails that the producers sent asking them to bleep out foul language etc. from tapings of the shows. It got old. The stories were not that funny. It was a relief to be done so I could move on to something better. ( )
  recipe_addict | Sep 21, 2014 |
Read from June 27 to 29, 2011

No surprise, but Chelsea's friends are also funny...and the lies she tells are hysterical! I'm surprised her friends/family believes ANYTHING she says, but I'd take her crap too if it meant I got to go to the Bahamas or Mexico or anywhere and drink vodka with Chelsea. Love her. ( )
  melissarochelle | Apr 10, 2013 |
I love Chelsea Handler. She is one of the funniest authors I've ever had the pleasure to read. Unfortunately, this book was written by her friends, and not Chelsea Handler, so it wasn't nearly as funny. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it's not non-stop, laugh out loud like her own books. I think what really killed it for me was the repeated stories. If you've read any of her other books you'll have to read some of the same stories here.

This is a book that I wouldn't warn people against reading, but I wouldn't urge them to either. ( )
  Abigayl | Jan 2, 2013 |
We all know that Chelsea Handler is a compulsive liar with delirious of big boobs. Why write her lies when she could have written much better herself? Seriously, everybody wants to make money with a book now?Don't waste your time reading it. I gave it two stars because Chelsea wrote the intro and she's on the cover. ( )
  lectus | Jul 14, 2012 |

Chelsea's Family Friends and Other Victimsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Handler, ChelseaIntroductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"My tendency to make up stories and lie compulsively for the sake of my own amusement takes up a good portion of my day and provides me with a peace of mind not easily attainable in this economic climate."--Chelsea Handler, from Chapter 10 of Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

It's no lie: Chelsea Handler loves to smoke out "dumbassness," the condition people suffer from that allows them to fall prey to her brand of complete and utter nonsense. Friends, family, co-workers--they've all been tricked by Chelsea into believing stories of total foolishness and into behaving like total fools. Luckily, they've lived to tell the tales and, for the very first time, write about them.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:09 -0400)

The friends, family, and co-workers of the late-night talk show host on the E! network describe how they have all been tricked by her into believing tales of utter nonsense and behaving like total fools.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,775,577 books! | Top bar: Always visible