As You Wish by Gabi Stevens
202515,329 (3.42)1

Fun! Can't wait to ready the next one. ( )
  Talaskat | Oct 8, 2013 |
Review copy from Author (I will be buying when it releases)
This title will be released on April 26, 2011.

What I Loved: Reggie was a wonderful central character. She was giving, strong, quick thinking, willing to try new things, and smart. All the things a fairy godmother in training should be! She really was my kind of gal, research then make a decision on what she believes. Normally the secondary characters end up in my "what I liked" section but I fell in love with Joy, Tommy, Alf, her parents (specifically her mother), her sister Dell, and the godmothers (again-I would love to read their stories). I wouldn't say they stole the book but they were a fantastic addition. Alf (a gnome) and her Mom were the most surprising characters in the book on how the ultimately handled everything. I giggled, cried, laughed out loud, and pulled for Reggie the entire book!

What I Liked: Nate and Jonathan were very good leading men. They were complicated, smart, and conflicted. Their storyline and Reggie's meshed very well. I will admit it did take me awhile to "fall for them" but once it becomes clear who they are, who she chooses, and how the story is heading--you want them to end up together. It was also great seeing Kristin and Tennyson again from book 1!

Complaints: None

Why I gave it a 4: I loved this book! It flowed really well, the pacing was fantastic, and the story was interesting. This book makes me smile! Also, please don't forget to read the Author's Note at the end of the book for more information on Best Buddies an organization that Gabi supports and is fantastic!

Who I would recommend it too: PNR readers definitely and even romance readers in general. Even though it involves Witches, Fairy Godmothers, a Beast, and Gnomes--it really is just a feel good story at heart!

Authors Website: http://www.gabistevens.com/

Books in this Series:
The Wish List
As You Wish
Book 3 will be coming ( )
  thehistorychic | Feb 2, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765365049, Mass Market Paperback)

Born into a magical family, Reggie Scott is content to live out her life as a normal human until the moment she’s informed that she’s a newly appointed fairy godmother. Left struggling to deal with powers the never thought she’d have, Reggie faces a curse, a plot to overthrow the Arcani, and an entirely too enthusiastic mother—all in a matter of days.

Jonathan Bastion is a man of power and wealth—and a dangerous secret. He desperately hopes that Reggie's new powers will hold the answer to his problem and he isn't above using her to achieve his goals. What he doesn't expect is how much Reggie will affect him. Her honor, her honesty, and her strength quickly make cracks in his ruthless exterior.

As danger from the Arcani swirls around them both, Jonathan realizes that what was once a ploy to get Reggie to assist him has become a battle to keep her safe and protected…in his arms.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:25 -0400)

Born into a magical family, Reggie Scott is content to live out her life as a normal human until the moment she's informed that she's a new appointed fairy godmother. Left struggling to deal with powers she never thought she'd have, Reggie faces a curse, a plot to overthrow the magical Council, and an entirely too enthusiastic mother--all in a matter of days. Jonathan Bastion is a man of power and wealth--with a dangerous secret. He desperately hopes that Reggie's new powers will hold the answer to his problem, and he isn't above using her to achieve his goals. What he doesn't expect is how much Reggie will affect him. Her honor, her honesty, and her strength quickly make cracks in his ruthless exterior.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,366,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible