Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Awaken the Highland Warrior by Anita Clenney

Awaken the Highland Warrior

by Anita Clenney

Wow, what a journey! I love everything about this book, the characters, story plots, romance... Deserved a 5 star! ( )
  LysaJP | Jul 21, 2016 |
I wasn't crazy about this. I really like books about highlanders and time travel, but his one just didn't do it. It seems like the author was just throwing random things into the story...like suddenly with just a few pages to go there's vampires. There was also a lot of repetition. And for Faelan to have been coming from 1800's Scotland, he sure did adjust awfully quick to present day America. And he barely had any accent or brogue....not very likely. ( )
  Tabatha014 | Apr 21, 2016 |
I decided to read this based on other reviews and I gotta say they were right. This was a good well written story. What could be better than a Highland Warrior. I will be looking for more books by this author.

Historian Bree Kirkland has always been in love with the past, but when she accidentally wakes an ancient Scottish warrior who's spent the past 150 years sleeping in her backyard, her present is suddenly fraught with danger. Faelan has awakened from the time vault ravenous--in more ways than one. He grieves for his lost family, wondering who sent the woman to wake him. If she's a demon, Faelan will have to kill her. If she's innocent, she's unleashed the gates of hell in her backyard. Either way they must rely on each other to save their future. ( )
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |
Love this series. Faelan And Bree are so good together. I love love this book. This is one series I will read more than once.
  bickey | May 31, 2014 |
The storyline is good and the timeline flips from present to 150 years ago and back, I'm looking forward to reading her next books in this series.
Can't help thinking Buffy the Vampire Slayer gets it on with Angel for some reason. ( )
  Chris.Graham | Jul 30, 2013 |
This book is dedicated to my editing partner, Dana Rodgers, who spend endless hours and months editing and brainstorming with me. Without her I would be lost.
PROLOGUE: "Bury it." The whiper rasped against darkness as lighting split the sky.
Bree's finger tightened around the metal disk as she ran through the graveyard, zigzagging past leaning headstones. Her lantern swayed, throwing shadows on the crypt looming before her, its stone walls the color of bones.
I'm Faelan Connor, warrior of the Connor clan of Scotland, as my brothers were, and my father before us, and his father before him. Since the beginning of time our assignment has been the same...to protect humanity from demons.
Who's Tristol? ..... Another ancient demon. Probably the most powerful. He's supposed to be the closest to the Dark One. ....This demon was with Druan? .... He was, and two more ancient demons. Malek and Voltar.

"Faelan is from an ancient clan of Scottish Highland warriors, charged with shielding humanity from demonic forces. Betrayed and locked in a time vault, he has been sleeping for nearly two centuries when spunky historian Bree Kirkland inadvertently wakes him. She's more fearsome than the demon trying to kill him, and if he's not careful, she'll uncover the secrets his clan has bled and died to protect... When Bree inherits an old treasure map, she discovers a warrior buried in her backyard. But the warrior isn't dead. Bree shocks Faelan with her modern dress and her boldness, and he infuriates Bree every time he tries to protect her. With demons suddenly on the move, Bree discovers that Faelan's duty as protector is in his blood, and that her part in this fight was destined before she was born. But nothing is ever what it seems..."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Anita Clenney is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,478,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible