Conversations With God : An Uncommon…

Conversations With God : An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 1) (edition 1996)

by Neale Donald Walsch

Member:Kanhaiya_Arora
Title:Conversations With God : An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 1)
Authors:Neale Donald Walsch
Info:G. P. Putnam's Sons (1996), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 211 pages

Conversations with God: an Uncommon Dialogue by Neale Donald Walsch

English (21)  German (1)  All languages (22)
Wise, wonderful and very sensible in every sense of the word. ( )
  rosiezbanks | Feb 11, 2014 |
This book is very thought provoking ... my favorite kind. It is the story of a man who says he was writing his nightly letter to God. Angry, depressed, searching for the meaning and purpose of his life. He asks God questions and states that God answered him and told him to write the entire conversation down and publish it. The book is amazing! It makes you stop and think, not only because the questions he asks are common questions to everyone, at least everyone I know, but because the answers make SO much sense, maybe TOO much sense. He refers to the "Buddha" as a Saint, he refers to common beliefs as human twists on what the Bible was really supposed to say and he states there is NO DEVIL or Hell. He says the Ten Commnadments are not commandments at all, they are His (God's) commitments to us as his creation, His promises to us. He insists that He is misrepresented and His words also. He reminds us that the Bible was written by men who interpreted it the way they THOUGHT it should be and picked and chose what was included in the Bible. He talks about mind, spirit, body. He talks about our control over our own circumstances and even over world circumstances. Most interesting, to me, is that if you believe the book (and the jury is still out), God has a sense of HUMOR and delights in our individuality and our desire to learn, grow and most importantly, CREATE. This book has to be one of THE most thought provoking books I have ever read. Religion is not what God wants, God wants what we want. He doesn't punish, the end is already written. The book makes you want to know more, wants you want to know and makes you ask questions, which to me is the best part of the book! I would recommend this book to anyone who has the desire to learn, the open mind required to entertain another "take" on things and anyone who enjoys thought provoking reading! ( )
  GinnyBelveal | Dec 8, 2013 |
Phenomenal book!! I have read this book before but I was at a different point in my life, I was younger and less experienced then, so I took from it only what was relevant to me at the time and I am reading it again to renew and further my knowledge as I am in a different point in my life again so other parts and points in the book will apply to me now!!! There are those that will say the book is blasphemy etc etc yada yada yada but I don't read the book as my gospel I read it because whether he was genuinely communicating with GOD or not I agree with a lot of what is being said in the book. The book spoke to the things that I already knew in my heart and soul but couldn't put it into the "least effective communicators...WORDS" Pg3. ( )
  twokidsnablanket | Nov 2, 2013 |
O redefinire a spiritualitatii printr-o abordare cu totul noua. O carte de capatai. ( )
  Pralicel | Oct 29, 2013 |
Of all the books I've read in my lifetime, this one is perhaps the most difficult for me to review. For starters, I'd need a special tag to describe it as "once influential, now unreadable."

I was 19 years old and curious about my spiritual place in the world. I had recently left home for the first time and had a number of eye-opening experiences that shook up everything I thought I knew. So it was during this period of existential uncertainty that I discovered Neale Donald Walsch's Conversations With God. And just like that, my entire worldview changed overnight—torn down and ready for rebuilding.

Reading Walsch's book was such a pinnacle moment in my life that everything around me took on this aura of affirmation. Here was a way of understanding the world that I'd never previously considered, and the insights I gained propelled my life in new directions, both delightful and frightening. Up until then I was like a corked bottle, brimming with possibility and unknown expectations, and Conversations With God popped the cork.

The irony now is that several years later I feel like I outgrew the book. When I read Walsch's words now I don't derive anywhere near the same joy I once did, and just as frequently I disagree with him. That seems a disheartening thing to say about potentially one of the most important books of my life. ( )
  Daniel.Estes | Oct 24, 2013 |
You are about to have an extraordinary experience.

De auteur beschrijft in dit boek de goede gesprekken die hij rechtstreeks met God gehad heeft. Ze gaan over de mens, over goed en kwaad, over werk, over liefde, over de zin van het leven. God blijkt een intelligente, kritische en humoristische waarnemer van het leven op aarde. Zijn bemoedigende boodschap is dat de mens vooral de schepper moet zijn van zijn eigen leven. Een ongewoon gesprek met God werd meteen bij verschijnen een bestseller en is dat nog. Het verovert de wereld en verschijnt nu in vijftien landen. Het is een verrassend, oneerbiedig maar absoluut meeslepend boek. Het bevat de wijsheid van alle tijden voor iedereen die wil luisteren. Een ongewoon gesprek met God kan ook uw leven veranderen.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0399142789, Hardcover)

Blasphemy! Heresy! Who does this man think he is, claiming to speak directly to God?! Jesus did it, Muhammad did it, the Jewish prophets did it, but none of their Gods had the sardonic wit or raw verve of Prophet Walsch's God. Neale Donald Walsch isn't claiming to be the Messiah of a new religion, just a frustrated man who sat down one day with pen in his hand and some tough questions in his heart. As he wrote his questions to God, he realized that God was answering them... directly... through Walsch's pen. The result, far from the apocalyptic predictions or cultic eccentricities you might expect, turns out to be matter-fact, in-your-face wisdom on how to get by in life while remaining true to yourself and your spirituality.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:40 -0400)

Presents God's answers to the author's questions concerning everyday life and how man should respond to opportunities and challenges.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,158,679 books! | Top bar: Always visible