My Friend Has Down Syndrome (Friends With…

My Friend Has Down Syndrome (Friends With Disabilities)

by Amanda Doering Tourville

I really liked this book. It is about two little girls little girls that have disabilities. One of the girls has Down Syndrome and the other girl has a vision impairment. These two girls are in the same class and they soon become best friends through shared interests.

I really liked that the author of this book had the shared interests in the book and that is why the girls became friends. I feel like this is how many friendships are made. This also shows that individuals with disabilities have the same interests as individuals who do not have disabilities. This supports the message of acceptance that is in this book. The girls didn't care what disability the other had, they just wanted to be friends because they liked the same things.

I also really liked the illustrations in this book. They were very colorful and creative. It really does show the two girls as best friends and doing the things that best friends do everyday. This book also has some facts about Down Syndrome on each page. Overall, I really liked this book and would definitely recommend it and use it in the future. ( )
  sreinh2 | Nov 25, 2014 |
Age 4-7
Pierce county library
Carmen friend Sarah has down syndrome. Despite Sarah is somewhat different then other girls. Sarah is Carmen best of friends.
  Synourn | May 12, 2013 |
My Friend Has Down Syndrome is a great book for showing that a friend can be just about anyone. It's okay to have friends with exceptionalities, including Down Syndrome. Carmen and Sarah are best friends, even though Sarah has Down Syndrome. Throughout the story, Carmen explains that it doesn't matter that Sarah is "different," they are still friends. ( )
  mdgilmor | Nov 19, 2012 |

"Explains some of the challenges and rewards of having a friend with Down Syndrome using everyday kid-friendly examples."--Publisher provided.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,394,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible