Dreadnaught by Jack Campbell

Awesome space battles against huge odds. ( )
  libgirl69 | Jan 14, 2018 |
Military SciFi with a moral edge, interspersing carefully crafted, mind bending 3-D warfare with philosophical discourses on the nature of duty and leadership. Jack Campbell has once again written a page-turning masterpiece that will leave you itching for the next installment. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
I dreaded this book, I have to admit. I didn't see how Campbell could continue the series WITH Geary without losing much of what I loved about the original Lost Fleet books.

Thankfully, I was hugely disappointed :) This was just as good as the previous books, and in some ways, better. There was not nearly as much explicit space battle tactics explained in painful detail. Whoohoo!

Geary is still Geary and dealing with a government that doesn't want him, balancing those who hate him, love him, want to use him and want to kill him. And he has a wife. A strong spirited woman. [I suspect a good strong spanking might work wonders, for both of them ;)]

We get lots of kind of info about the aliens, and new ideas about them and it is made real just how ignorant humanity is about the universe they live in.

Good stuff! Looking forward to the rest of these... ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
I have read all the other titles in the previous lost fleet series and really enjoyed them, then moved straight on to this new series. I found this to be to much of the same, same internal conflict but with new characters, same traversing through space just to different destinations, yes it added to the universe as a whole but just wasn't enough for me.

It might be that I have moved to this series straight from the last and that could be the problem. I will probably come back at a later date and restart the series, I'm a bit Lost Fleeted out at the moment ( )
  grlewry | Sep 22, 2016 |
More of the same plot lines and twists from The Lost FLeet Series. ( )
  HungryMonster | Mar 10, 2016 |

Jack Campbellprimary authorall editionscalculated
DeFex, Annette FioreCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Komarck, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my uncle Oliver Holmes "Rick" Ulrickson, who sailed for his last home port in May 2010. The youngest in my mother's family, with six older sisters, he somehow survived childhood to serve in the Navy, work in aerospace (including NASA's Johnson Space Center Mission Control tracking system), and mentor many students at Texas Christian University. He was an amateur historian, he read a lot, he sang, and he was active in the civil right movement in the sixties and seventies, but his proudest achievement in life was undoubtedly his family. You'll be missed, Uncle Oliver.

For S., as always
Innumerable stars like brilliant diamonds carelessly flung across endless space shone upon the hull of the civilian passenger ship.

The Alliance woke Captain John “Black Jack” Geary from cryogenic sleep to take command of the fleet in the century-long conflict against the Syndicate Worlds. Now, Admiral Geary’s victory has earned him the adoration of the people—and the enmity of politicians convinced that a living hero can be a very inconvenient thing…

The war may be over, but Geary and his newly christened First Fleet have been ordered back into action to investigate the aliens occupying the far side of Syndic space and determine how much of a threat they represent to the Alliance. And while the Syndic Worlds are no longer united, individually they may be more dangerous than ever before.

Geary knows that members of the military high command and the government question his loyalty to the Alliance and fear him staging a coup—so he can’t help but wonder if the fleet is being deliberately sent on a suicide mission…

[retrieved 8/24/2013 from Amazon.com]

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441020372, Hardcover)

View our feature on Jack Campbell's The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Dreadnaught.

The New York Times bestselling series that delivers "edge-of- your-seat combat" (Elizabeth Moon, author of the Vatta's War series).

The Alliance woke Captain John "Black Jack" Geary from cryogenic sleep to take command of the fleet in the century-long conflict against the Syndicate Worlds. Now Fleet Admiral Geary's victory has earned him the adoration of the people-and the enmity of politicians convinced that a living hero can be a very inconvenient thing.

Geary knows that members of the military high command and the government question his loyalty to the Alliance and fear his staging a coup-so he can't help but wonder if the newly christened First Fleet is being deliberately sent to the far side of space on a suicide mission.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:29 -0400)

"The Alliance woke Captain John "Black Jack" Geary from cryogenic sleep to take command of the fleet in the century-long conflict against the Syndicate Worlds. Now Admiral Geary's victory has earned him the adoration of the people--and the enmity of politicians convinced that a living hero can be a very inconvenient thing. The war may be over, but Geary and his newly christened First Fleet have been ordered back into action to investigate the aliens occupying the far side of Syndic space and to determine how much of a threat they represent to the Alliance. And while the Syndic Worlds are no longer united, individually they may be more dangerous than ever before. Geary knows that members of the military high command and the government question his loyalty to the Alliance and fear his staging a coup--so he can't help but wonder if the fleet is being deliberately sent on a suicide mission.."--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,225,673 books! | Top bar: Always visible