The Midwife's Confession by Diane…

The Midwife's Confession (edition 2011)

by Diane Chamberlain

Member:cathymoore
Title:The Midwife's Confession
Authors:Diane Chamberlain
Info:Mira (2011), Edition: Original, Paperback, 432 pages
Tags:Friendship, suicide, midwifery, mystery, Kindle

The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain

This was a real nail biter!!! There wasn't a dull moment. If you are looking for a page turning, can't put down, one more page before bed time read, this is your book. Also when you think you have figured it out you haven't so keep reading it's worth every minute. ( )
  tennwisc | Jul 15, 2014 |
I was looking for a quick read and I got it.

This is a page turner - a classic airplane/beach book.

Every once in a while I just crave a quick easy read like this - it is the literary equivalent of a good lifetime movie - satisfying and diverting even though it isn't stretching my mind at all and when I am done I feel a little like I overindulged on a bag of doritos.

Vague Spoilers ahead.
*************************************************​

This book has a formidable chain of calamitous events. Deaths upon deaths, terminal illnesses, stolen babies, switched at birth babies all appear - I suspect I forgot a couple of plot points. It is pretty funny to think of them in the abstract - I don't know if daytime soaps have anything on this book - but it is written fluidly and if you are willing to go for the ride - it is perfect for those times when you need something that you can just pick up and put down but still is pretty absorbing while you are reading it. ( )
  alanna1122 | Jan 9, 2014 |
Title: [b:The Midwife's Confession|10059498|The Midwife's Confession|Diane Chamberlain|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1323870279s/10059498.jpg|14955690]
Author: [a:Diane Chamberlain|93345|Diane Chamberlain|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1366490290p2/93345.jpg]
Length: 417 pages
Publisher: Don Mills, Ont.: Mira
Published: April 26, 2011
Genres: Fiction

Visit my review/blog HERE!

My Rating: ✮✮✮✮✮

Synopsis:
Dear Anna,
What I have to tell you is difficult to write, but I know it will be far more difficult for you to hear, and I'm so sorry-

The unfinished letter is the only clue Tara and Emerson have to the reason behind their close friend Noelle's suicide. Everything they knew about Noelle - her calling as a midwife, her passion for causes, her love for her friends and family - described a woman who embraced life.

Yet there was so much they didn't know.

With the discovery of the letter and its heartbreaking secret, Noelle's friends begin to uncover the truth about this complex woman who touched each of their lives - and the life of a desperate stranger - with love and betrayal, compassion and deceit.

My Review:
How could one NOT want to read this book after reading the synopsis!! I was engulfed by this story from the first page to the very last page! This was my first read by Diane Chamberlain, and I have already reserved a copy of another book of hers! I was succumbed by her writing abilities. This was such a great, well-written, emotional novel.

The characters were so real and emotional, but they were so wonderful to read about! I was so involved in their lives while reading their stories, evening feeling their anguish as they learned the truths of their lives and their friend's lives! This is truly a story about real friendships and the lengths a real friend will go to protect one another.

This story was like an emotional roller coaster, but left plenty of twists and turns to keep you wondering what exactly was going on. There was not a moment that passed while reading, that I was uninterested in what was going on.

This is probably one of the best books that I've read in awhile and I can't wait until I get to read more from this amazing author! ( )
  acorley84 | Sep 3, 2013 |
Average chick lit type book with a slight mystery and a "surprise" ending. There was nothing new or interesting in this book. ( )
  castironskillet | Aug 13, 2013 |
A low-calorie read! some interesting twists but quite an obvious plot. Good read for a journey. ( )
  herschelian | May 1, 2013 |

Dear Anna,

What I have to tell you is difficult to write, but I know it will be far more difficult for you to hear, and I'm so sorry…

The unfinished letter is the only clue Tara and Emerson have to the reason behind their close friend Noelle's suicide. Everything they knew about Noelle—her calling as a midwife, her passion for causes, her love for her friends and family—described a woman who embraced life.

Yet there was so much they didn't know.

With the discovery of the letter and its heartbreaking secret, Noelle's friends begin to uncover the truth about this complex woman who touched each of their lives—and the life of a desperate stranger—with love and betrayal, compassion and deceit.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:35 -0400)

"'Dear Anna, What I have to tell you is difficult to write, but I know it will be far more difficult for you to hear, and I'm so sorry...' The unfinished letter is the only clue Tara and Emerson have to the reason behind their close friend Noelle's suicide. Everything they knew about Noelle--her calling as a midwife, her passion for causes, her love for her friends and family--described a woman who embraced life. Yet there was so much they didn't know..."--P. [2] of cover.… (more)

Diane Chamberlain is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,546,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible