The Midwife's Confession by Diane…

The Midwife's Confession (edition 2011)

by Diane Chamberlain

Member:cathymoore
Title:The Midwife's Confession
Authors:Diane Chamberlain
Info:Mira (2011), Edition: Original, Paperback, 432 pages
Tags:Friendship, suicide, midwifery, mystery, Kindle

The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain

Recently added byJudithDCollins

Wow! What a page turner-hard to put this Nook book down, even though as a good wine or gourmet meal, you want to make it last and savor every part of it until the end! “Confessions of a Midwife”, as good or better than Chamberlain’s “a Good Father and “the Secret Lives of Cee Cee Wilkes”, which were all outstanding and did not think another one could live up to my 5 star reviews; however, it did, as each of these books were different with many characters and twists, turns, plots, which leave you wanting more.

Noelle is a powerful woman and even from the grave, every character in the book has been hurt by her actions in some way. Ultimately this is a story of forgiveness and the strong and complicated friendships between Tara and Emerson as they make peace with Noelle’s actions. In addition, there was much growth from Grace, as she finds out love is right in front of her. (love the usage of taking each character within sections to get to the raw feelings of the individual). Very powerful!

Love the NC setting, as a native and love the strong southeast writers –Emilie Richards, Mary Kay Andrews, Charles Martin, Nicholas Sparks, and Dianne Chamberlain as each are very highly talented writers, each with their own writing style and character. I have read all the authors' books except for Dianne’s---currently trying to play catch-up buying her Nook Books as fast I as can read them. I am excited about reading her other works, as have a feeling each one will be as amazing as the previous one. A must read!

Dear Anna,

What I have to tell you is difficult to write, but I know it will be far more difficult for you to hear, and I'm so sorry…

The unfinished letter is the only clue Tara and Emerson have to the reason behind their close friend Noelle's suicide. Everything they knew about Noelle—her calling as a midwife, her passion for causes, her love for her friends and family—described a woman who embraced life.

Yet there was so much they didn't know.

With the discovery of the letter and its heartbreaking secret, Noelle's friends begin to uncover the truth about this complex woman who touched each of their lives—and the life of a desperate stranger—with love and betrayal, compassion and deceit.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:35 -0400)

"'Dear Anna, What I have to tell you is difficult to write, but I know it will be far more difficult for you to hear, and I'm so sorry...' The unfinished letter is the only clue Tara and Emerson have to the reason behind their close friend Noelle's suicide. Everything they knew about Noelle--her calling as a midwife, her passion for causes, her love for her friends and family--described a woman who embraced life. Yet there was so much they didn't know..."--P. [2] of cover.… (more)

Diane Chamberlain is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,000,320 books! | Top bar: Always visible